Problems feeding my baby HELP!!

xkikix

Reaction score
Hello,

Chester has been on SMA gold since he was born and we hadnt had any problems with it, except from a little constitpation. He was taking 130mls every 4-5hours and was steadily gaining weight and I was really pleased with how it was going.

However about 3-4 days ago he's started taking alot less (80-90mls) and he cries and cries after each feed like he's still hungry but if I offer him the bottle he just spits it back out and gets really angry. Its not wind cus i sit there winding him for up to an hour and nothing comes up. I give him infacol before feeds on the advise of HV since about 3 weeks old cus he was vomiting after feeds and not bringing up wind but this seemed to be resolved witht the infacol.

I'm getting so frustrated and upset cus he's gets so upset, he'll settle with a dummy after a feed then will start screaming for no apparent reason. Do you think its colic, should I change his milk? Please help me!!!

the only thing i can think of is thrush which would make his mouth sore?
have a look inside his mouth for white patches. other than that i'd ask the HV :hug: :hug:

sounds like trapped wind to me , leland wont take bottle if his got some wind trapped and if u winding him for an hour and nothing comes up then i would think its more like trapped then to not have any at all ? have u tried differing winding postions , one brill one for trapped wind is rolling his tummy along or leg while rubbing his back .

alsp try gripe water , i find it better the infacol

Hi,

I agree with G3M, it does sound like trapped wind. I had the exact same thing with my son and he went nearly a whole day on only 18oz :( and I was in dispear becuase I knew he must be hungry and yet after trying to burp him for over an hour each time he still wouldnt take his feed.

I was using Infacol which I can honestly say is usless in my opinion. I changed to using Dentinox colic drops (tesco sell it) Dentinox origionaly started making teething gel for babies and then went on to making colic drops and it is FANTASTIC!! it was the solution for us and have never had problems since. Antonio only has it now with his night feed before bed as he doesnt suffer with trapped wind as much as he used to.

Hope this helps :D

T xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back