• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wipes

inky

Reaction score
My LO has nappy rash for the first time ever, the only thing I'm doing differently is using Huggies baby wipes instead of the usual Tesco ones - has anyone else had a problem with Huggies wipes? Also what's the best cream to use for LO? I've got sudocrem and bepanthen but neither have shifted it, he's getting lots of nappy free time too, any other ideas?

The only thing my health visitor suggested for nappy rash apart from the creams was to just use cotton wool and water to clean babies bum. Not heard of specific types of baby wipes affecting nappy rash but if your LO has a sensitive bum there maybe something in the huggies ones that are irratating them x

We've used huggies since Oscars birth and he's been ok, only time he gets a bit rashy is when he poos since doing big boy poos. We wash him morning and night with cotton wool and warm water, even before the bath and only use wipes through the day time. When his botty got a bit sore we used bepathem (sp?) and it worked overnight xx

when my daughter had nappy rash when she was little we used metanium..worked well!

Ah, metanium - that's the one I was trying to think of in the shop earlier lol! Will see how he goes overnight and see if I can get some in the morning. We were doing so well, 13 months and no nappy rash. Poor fella, although it is a little better this evening thankfully :)

Maria - I clean like that too, Oh thinks I'm mad for cleaning him before he goes in the bath lol!

I tried lots of different wipes with Matthew! The only ones that don't give him nappy rash are the huggies pure! My cousins baby can only use pampers sensitive!
So may just be something like that for yours, I would suggest just sticking to the ones you know work hun!
XxX

Vaseline! Noa is a bit sensitive if we use anything but huggies! When he poops tho if he's home I shower his bum or we got flannels that we use just for his bum just with water after I cleaned him with wipes x

Weird how different babies react to different things! We've gone back to the usual ones and it's looking much better this morning and he's definitely in a much better mood! I wouldn't normally have used anything other than the usual ones but they were bought for us by MIL - for all the trouble she causes me she was at least trying to be nice this time :roll: (although I dd later find out they were buy 1 get 2 free hehe)

I always used pampers since birth and then tried huggies for a few days (offers were on) Well my little boy ended up with a rash. I dont think its so much that it was huggies but more the fact that my LO's skin had gotten used to something and then suddenly it was changed. As many of my friends used huggies.

Last edited:
hey hun, try and keep the nappy off for as long as possible so air gets to it and then we usde metanium just a very light layer on the effected area and it disappreaed in a matter or days! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back