Winifred?

frankie247

Reaction score
My husband loves the name Winifred for a girl but I'm not sure if it's too old fashioned although we both love old fashioned names.

The trouble we have is I work in a school and so lots of names I associate with someone.

I am really sorry, but i just think of wWinnie the Pooh. Have no intention of offending,just my association. How would you shorten it?

That's what I keep thinking lol but oh is really quite keen

i actually quite like it, and it could always be shortened to Winie

i know a Roberta and she gets called Bobbie!

I like Winnie but not too keen on Winifred. Having said that, I like that it's different. I think it must be nice to have an uncommon name.x

Cute! There was that old tv show and the girl was called Winnie... I forget what it was called...

This crossed my mind after I posted! It was The Wonder Years :D x

My nanan is winnifred but is called winnie or win xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Im sorry i really dislike it, old names are nice but winifred is to old. Sorry xx

I think winnie is cute but you run the risk of bully's calling her names to do with winnie the pooh but you get that with most names so wouldn't worry about that... however really dont like winifred, i like old names but just dont like that name i thought it said wilfread like a man at first x

How do you think Zariah would sound? Or Yasmin? Victoria or Valerie if you really love old-fashioned names:)

My late gran was called Winifred aka as Wyn or Winnie so I'm biased, she was truly the kindest woman I have known :) x

Ooooooh I love Winifred (Wyn and Winie)! I think it's gorgeous, unusual but traditional

I think Winnie is cute but I dont think I would like to be called Winnie or Winifred as a teenage girl, sorry :blush: xx

My husband loves the name Winifred for a girl but I'm not sure if it's too old fashioned although we both love old fashioned names.

The trouble we have is I work in a school and so lots of names I associate with someone.

Stick with Imogen hun - that is a beautiful name

Winifred is not very nice (in my opinion) and it doesn't compare to Imogen

xxxxxxxx

Not sure how this thread got resurrected as it was written in November! Anyway, it's definitely off our list now. I never particularly liked it and I'm glad I got the main reaction I was hoping for.

Not sure how this thread got resurrected as it was written in November! Anyway, it's definitely off our list now. I never particularly liked it and I'm glad I got the main reaction I was hoping for.

Oh I didn't see the date on it :)

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back