Early to choose, but what about this for a girl?

liverpoolmum

Reaction score
I'm due in June, and though it's old fashioned now,I quite like it: short and sweet....so, I was thinking of the name June for a baby girl born in June.

Does it sound really old fashioned? I went to school with girls who had names like Joy and Mercy (both I like).

Hey - i thought the exact same thing :)

I think that June is a lovely name - i don't think it sounds old fashioned either compared to some names.

nah i like June, its a traditional but still really cute name,

n suits a lil girl and also a grown up too,

:)

xxx

Thanks...yes, I like names that will sound nice hen older. I named my first daughter Ruth for the same reasons.

i dont mind june but myself prefer juno like the film but i do love older names

Love the name June , I had April on my girls list, but didn't feel I could use it as was due in Jan!

Does the baby need to be born in the month of the name? I know a girl born in June who is called Octavia. Which I think is a fantastic name. Lots of people going for the name May, and not because of the month. April is a great name too, why not Avril instead?

Read a book the other day where the character was called Thursday Next. Thought it was fabulous! (not that i would have the guts, but children do get called Tuesday, or even Wednesday (addams family) and even things like Summer and Autumn. Personally I think these names have character

I like June, had an aunty June so I associate the name with her! My DD's middle name is the name of the month she was born in but that's not why I chose it, I chose it because it was my grandmas name-complete coincidence that she happened to be born in that month! Lol!

OT but star fish-I love the Thursday next books x

I like Autumn, but due in Winter. But then Winter would be cool (oh duh!!!!) I mean, I like the name Winter, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back