Winding the baby

h33

Reaction score
Anyone got any top tips for winding a stubborn baby. My boy is now 9 weeks old and refusing to give me his wind takes about 10mins to feed and 40 to wind. Any ideas apprieciated!

I only wish I did as I had the same with Ryan. It was infuriating as I'd lay him down after half an hour and give up then he'd throw up.

Londoner Claire said:
I only wish I did as I had the same with Ryan. It was infuriating as I'd lay him down after half an hour and give up then he'd throw up.

Please tell me he did it eventually. Conal does the same thing as soon as i put him down he pukes all over his bed! my washing machine is still in shock from useing it so much

Not gonna lie, it went on for about 4 months but he also had Colic, not sure but that may have had something to do with it.

Great seeing Conal as a name, I had never heard of it before but my mum is a childminder and looks after a lovely little boy called Conal. :)

was a selfish little monster he just wouldnt give it up, i tried stretching him out in case the wind was trapped lying him down then sitting him up, on the shoulder on his front sitting up, then one day i lifted his arms up and he just belched after that i think he got the hang of it (or became a proper man) cause he burps all the time now even when i dont wind him

Alfiesmummy said:
was a selfish little monster he just wouldnt give it up, i tried stretching him out in case the wind was trapped lying him down then sitting him up, on the shoulder on his front sitting up, then one day i lifted his arms up and he just belched after that i think he got the hang of it (or became a proper man) cause he burps all the time now even when i dont wind him
Typical fella then. ;)

Londoner Claire said:
Not gonna lie, it went on for about 4 months but he also had Colic, not sure but that may have had something to do with it.

Great seeing Conal as a name, I had never heard of it before but my mum is a childminder and looks after a lovely little boy called Conal. :)

Thanks it was the only one we had good job he was a boy.

Touch wood it's not colic guess i'll just have to ride it out

h33 said:
Londoner Claire said:

Thanks it was the only one we had good job he was a boy.

Touch wood it's not colic guess i'll just have to ride it out

Someone may have a miracle answer, don't give up. I know it's really annoying.

Alfiesmummy said:

SHOW OFF :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: PMSL hes four months old now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: believe me he was as tight as they come at Conals age i just wanted to say Alfie burp god dam you burp, now theres no stopping him he burps and farts everywhere oh how i miss the days he had manners!

We used to give Jamie Gripe Water which worked a treat but also we would let him drink a couple of ounzes then try & wind him, if we let him drink too much he would have troubles trying to get him to burp.
We also found that sitting him on my lap, holding his head, under the chin & rocking him back & forth while rubbing his back worked well & changing position from sitting to being put on our shoulders to lifting him up & sitting him down again. We used to rub & pat his back quite firmly if we did it really softly it wouldn't ever bring up any wind.

Now he's like his dad & will belch like a good 'un :rotfl:

I used to use infacol which was good but Leorah started to hate it and try and dodge the dropper so after getting it in her eyes I stopped using it :lol:

Try jigging him up and down on your knee, this always gets Leorah's wind up, I wish I did it in the beginning!

god leorah is just sooo funny skatty she has such a big personality by the sounds of it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

walking up and down the stairs- the jiggling action stirs up the bubbles worked everytime and good exercise :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: god ian did that to alfie bopped him and jiggled him and guess what ... Alfie turned into that character off little britain and spooked all over ian :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i lay madi down for a few mins then put her to my sholder then she burps straight away :cheer:

You could wind after every oz, or try Dr Brown's bottles (presuming your a bottle feeder cos you're taking 10 mins to feed :lol:)

I found the secret was winding often, stopping the feed and having a good go at getting a burp up. Lots of people swear by the lying them on you lap with their head on your knees then lifting them up by the arms to your chest.

Good luck, I know it's not fun.

I used to give Thea gripe water but after a few times she just looked at me grinned and spat it at me lol. And that stuff is sticky!

Gently bouncing Thea on my knee works and so does walking around with Thea laying up on my shoulder.

im having a nightmare with jack as he has colic and for about 4 weeks now will drink about 2oz then i try to burb him but it takes a good 15mins to get any up and he cries cos its hurting him, then he just wont settle on his bottle again, like he knows if he drinks anymore its just gonna hurt him again! bless him...
ive been using infacol for about 2 weeks and it has helped a bit, just brought some dr brown bottles which im gonna try today.

giving alice to my oh always works.he thinks he is sone kinda pro, but i think it is where i have been trying for ages and the movement of passing her over does the trick :)

Alfiesmummy - i did the same thing the other night without thinking. :rotfl:
(am i the only person who quite likes the smellof fresh baby sick :oops: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back