• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will the doctor know my husbands results?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I'm off to the doctor tomorrow to grovel for tests and my plan was not to mention my husband's semen analysis results to give the impression that it was very possibly due to me that we aren't conceiving.

I'm sure in the long run it'll be futile and they'll make the connection at some point, but in the short term maybe it'll get me some tests done?

What i don't want to happen is that i ask for tests, she enquires about my husband, i tell her that the doctor said he wasn't infertile (not a lie) but i don't know the specifics (a lie) and then for her to go out of the room and come back with my husband test results to use them against me.

She can't do that, can she?

We are at the same doctors and apparently all the doctors can access any patients results - but surely there shouldn't be anything that connects me and my husband (except for the same surname)?

Last edited:
dont think youll be connected, and its not legal for them to use other peoples results and stuff due to confidentiality and stuff. think youll be alright x

Don't think she can disclose his results due to patient confidentiality and even if she could, you are the patient with your own issue in isolation. Maybe say, your husband has been tested, results weren't definitive and therefore you want to know about your own fertility... blag blag blag I say x

Thanks girls, i was starting to get confused with it being *us* trying to get pregnant that they might cross reference the results and things and i'm scared she'll start being a pain :)

You could lie completely and say you're trying to get pregnant with some random bloke you've been having an affair with for 5 years ROFL.....that would teach them to be presumptius that you and your hysband are trying! For all they know hubby could have got himself tested cos he's trying to get his bit on the side up the duff..... anyway, I thought they always checked out both the man and woman no matter if one gets a bad result, cos they need to look at the bigger picture. You have every right to get yourself checked properly! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on!

I'd blag it Louise, your husband could have told you results were fine and he had super sperm, like an episode of doctors! Lol. They can't just go looking into his info if he's not there.

Also will they do tests after 3 months of trying? We've been trying 9 months and I've not even thought about docs as didn't think they'd do anything till after 12 months! let me know :) good luck Louise xxxxx

Well i went to the doctors and you know, i definately got the impression that she was looking on the PC for him after i mentioned he'd had sperm tests.

She didn't let on if she saw anything about him on the PC, i don't know how they cross reference patients and if she could have done a quick search for surname + address...

She asked if we were both at that doctors... just the impression i got. They don't want to take anyone for face value anymore :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back