Doctor Appointment

Indo

Reaction score
Hi Folks

The health clinic has my sperm test results back. I'm a little bit worried now because I have now to make an appointment for Monday.

I asked if this was regular procedure and she said yes but I can't help thinking that if everything was OK I would just be told this over the phone.

We've been trying to conceive for around 10 months now and my OH got her results back and she's fine. My twin brother conveived three months ago.

I'm just worried that I'm infertile.

Indo

Hey Indo,

Try not to worry .... it probably is standard procedure .... they probably just want to talk it through with you face to face .... to see if you have any questions... There is no use worrying until you seem them on Monday. You might ruin your whole weekend worrying about nothing ....

So try and relax over the weekend, and let us know how you get on on Monday ....

Take care,

Thanks Becs - you're right, it's not going to ruin my weekend. I've been told that one sample doesn't really mean much anyway, even if it is bad. My OH is coming up the good BD time anyway, I'm sure that will take my mind off it! :D

Nothin' like a little bit of Dancin' to take your mind off things! :wink: have fun!! And good luck for Monday!

Hi Indo-

I am sure it is just standard procedure- it is probably a receptonist that rings to say they are back- try and chill til Monday :wink:

Thanks Fothers

You're probably right. I'm just comparing it to my OH with her blood test and all the other tests (unrelated) I've had in my own past where I just had to phone in and get the OK and that was that.

Not used to be asking to come in to speak about a sample result! :|

Hi folks

Just been to the doctor and the results weren't as bad as I thought. Count and quality was very good, got million of the little things and well over the expected count that they considered acceptable.

:D

The only downside was the motility, I came in at 29% and they considered 40% to be acceptable, so not a million miles away. The only thing I think that could have contributed was the bender I went on the weekend before the Monday I handed in my sample. I was offered a new job on the Friday and went out celebtrating on the Friday and the Saturday. I do know that alcohol does effect the motility of the sperm. I've been asked to hand in another sample and this time I'll behave prior to handing it in.

Also I'm sure I picked up somewhere that the longer you leave the sample for before handing it in, the quality of that sample deteriorates. So next time I'm thinking of just doing it at the clinic rather than in my own home as I live about an hour away from the clinic, dont' really want to but needs must! :|

On the whole I'm happy, the doctor didn't much cause for concern and I knew the sample I gave wasnt the best.

Does anyone know if anything can be done (apart from not drinking to excess!) to specifically increase the motility of the little babies?

Thanks for the support last Friday folks BTW, you were right! :moon:

Indo

Hi

I know zinc can help and i am sure eating a balanced diet also helps. Vit c also stops your sperm clumping together so must help motability.

Sarah

hi Indo

glad all was ok. if you arent already taking vit C, zinc and folic acid then they are supposed to make the little swimmers stronger for you, so might be worth a trip to boots to stock up.

Thanks for the advise girls.

I've been taken zinc for about a month now and just added the folic acid in about two weeks ago and the Vit C start of last week. But I've learnt that it takes about three months for the improvements to kick in.

Also going to be eating brazil nuts for the selenium.

Am I right in saying that it is easier to increase the motility rather than the count?

i think it helps with both as far as i can remember, good idea re brazil nuts too. hopefully the vits will start working soon, yes they can take up to 3 months to get into your system but be patient with it as it could def help :hug:

I work in a lab so I can definately tell you that the sooner you get your sample in the better...the little buggers begin to die off if not kept at body temp!!

Good luck

don't know if you smoke but drinking and smoking do have an effect...my hubby was on the vits when we had our fertility and he had an amazing sperm count which were well motile, his previous had been a little above the norm so it does make a differenance.

good luck

Thats fantastic, from what I've been hearing hear I'm well on the right track! :D

Basically what I've to do now is to cut down on my drinking, keep going with the supplements and bite the bullet at the clinic. I'm away to book myself in for an 'appointment' for a couple of weeks time. Want to give myself amply opportunity to get as best as result as possible between now and then.

I'll have to teach the little swimmers to toughen up as they've been doing the doggy-paddle for too long :D

Thanks Emma

Do you know anywhere on the web that can give you more information about the actual statistics about count, motility etc?

Thanks
Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back