Will I be in labour soon???

tarapage88

Reaction score
Hi
Im 36 + 2 days pregnant with my first baby. I have been in hospital for 3 days as I was contracting/less fetal movements/back pain especially in my left side. Im now home and experiencing period cramps, weird numbing/tingly thighs, diahrea and Im having alot of thick mucus. I have had CTGs over the past week that show the tightenings Im getting and on one day I had a small bloody show. I was told in hospital I am 2/5 engaged and I feel quite uncomfortable sitting/walking.

Does any one have any advice about what may be happening? The hospital obviously arent concerned as they let me go but Im desparate to know if labour could be soon???? Please feel free to reply with any advice that may help. Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is my first baby so no experience but it def sounds like something is happening...

Sounds like what is commonly described as 'niggling' wont be long by the sounds of things, get yourself an early night and make sure everything is ready!!! Lots of small snacks for energy and as much rest as possible! xxxx

Hello and welcome to pf. As the ladies said sounds like the start of things for but it could still be a while - best to get as much rest as you can. Enjoy a nice bath and early nights x

Has any one had this happened to them then? Im sure everyone is different though arent they.... Well I will just have to wait and see what happens I guess.
Thanks for replies guys

I had irregular contractions with Rosie for a week before I went into proper labour - a whole week!! It drove me insane! I hope things move along for you soon, it sounds as if your body is preparing :)

I agree youre probably niggling too. I niggled for weeks with my first, nothing with my second and 5 days with my third. :)

I was like that for about 48 hours before things really kicked off!! I went for a long walk with the dog had a curry, a bath and a bonk and was having proper contractions the next morning xx Sleep well hun... will be the last few good nights sleep you'll have for the next several years!! lol xx

This is my first too, but does sound like niggling. Welcome to the forum, as the ladies say lots of rest and fingers crossed xx

I had niggling for a week before my first and at east a few days before my 2nd and 3rd. Bubba will be here soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back