• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why????

Rachel

Reaction score
Why do people feel the need to give you their opinions on baby names you have chosen? :x :x

My nan phoned earlier and I told her the name I'd chose and all she said was 'Ohh I don't like that name, don't call him that. Please don't call him that, pick a nice name' :shock: :shock:

Well pissed off now :x Why cant people just keep thier opinions to themselfs?

Im still calling him that name because I like it and he is my baby not hers :x and it will annoy her if I call him that now :twisted: She's made me more determined to call him that if anything. But still, no need :x

Rant over :x lol

Some people are just rude - this is why I didn't tell anyone my name choice till he was born.

However I had someone laugh at my choice of name last week :(

Forget them - u go with the name u like

aww hun just egnore her or next time tell her you dont like her kids names lol

hugs xx

People seem to think that the second you are pregnant they are allowed 2 comment on everything from weight gain to baby names and they presume that they can just touch the bump!!!! i cant stand it!!!! :x :x :x

sometimes i just wanna shout BUTT OUT INTERFERING MOOSE ITS MY BABY AND MY BODY :evil:

i think we could all rant about this :rotfl:

Just don't tell people. I find it much easier that way :lol:

If you tell them once LO is here chances are they won't say anything negative as its already chosen and done. Telling people beforehand usually means they feel free to comment and tell you they do or don't like it.

Aww, poor you - people can be so insensitive even without realising. YOU love the name and thats all that matters.

We have kept our names secret until the birth..... there is nothing strange or unusual about them, but we couldn't be arsed to have to possibly deal with off the cuff but hurtful comments from people. They will be alot less likely to make a sarcastic or rude comment to the baby's face when they find out the name lol!

Ooops, was typing pretty much the same as Sherlock at the same time.

xx

Lisamj said:
We have kept our names secret until the birth..... there is nothing strange or unusual about them, but we couldn't be arsed to have to possibly deal with off the cuff but hurtful comments from people. They will be alot less likely to make a sarcastic or rude comment to the baby's face when they find out the name lol!

Ditto, we haven't told people the names we have chosen either. Its great when people ask "so have you chosen names yet" and I reply "yes". They fully expect you to tell them and when they have asked what we have chosen I just explain we are keeping them to ourselves.

Charlie:-) said:
Ditto, we haven't told people the names we have chosen either. Its great when people ask "so have you chosen names yet" and I reply "yes". They fully expect you to tell them and when they have asked what we have chosen I just explain we are keeping them to ourselves.

Hehe we get that a lot also. People wait for you to tell them and when you are not forthcoming they look puzzled. Or ask and are told, 'not telling till baby arrives, its a surprise'

arrrrgh... people commenting on my baby name choices makes me sooooo maaaaad...
my mum's great, she's like "do you know what that name means?" or "so you like shorter sounding names?" and stuff when i come up with names, like helpful stuff...
not just "thats pants pick another one"
we've gone for susan if it's a girl, and i get so many comments like "thats a very... old sounding name for a little baby." or "oh no it sounds far too dull"
and yes people just poking my bump! willy nilly! men in the pub think they can have a fondel just cos i'm pregnant. eugh it's horrid. and like when i go shoping with my friends they want to come in the changing rooms and gawp and my big belly. i hate it.
and... my friend even said to me "can i see your tummy button... pregnant tummy buttons are so funny!"
that made me so cross. i know it's just a small thing but it's like... you would never just request to see someones tummy button normally. i just dont like it. grrr it makes me cross.
sorry bit of a rant there.
xxx

Some people just like to get their 2 cents in. It can be infuriating at times.

little momma said:
arrrrgh... people commenting on my baby name choices makes me sooooo maaaaad...
my mum's great, she's like "do you know what that name means?" or "so you like shorter sounding names?" and stuff when i come up with names, like helpful stuff...
not just "thats pants pick another one"
we've gone for susan if it's a girl, and i get so many comments like "thats a very... old sounding name for a little baby." or "oh no it sounds far too dull"
and yes people just poking my bump! willy nilly! men in the pub think they can have a fondel just cos i'm pregnant. eugh it's horrid. and like when i go shoping with my friends they want to come in the changing rooms and gawp and my big belly. i hate it.
and... my friend even said to me "can i see your tummy button... pregnant tummy buttons are so funny!"
that made me so cross. i know it's just a small thing but it's like... you would never just request to see someones tummy button normally. i just dont like it. grrr it makes me cross.
sorry bit of a rant there.
xxx

I think Susan is a great name, i'm Suzanne so i guess i'm biased. Lol.
And someone asked to see my stretch marks the other day! I was like NOPE. Some people!!

I dont mind showing my belly and tummy button to certain people, like in work i dont mind a few of the girls touching, but i think its pretty clear who is and isnt allowed without me having to say it

I've got a shortlist of names and even if i do manage to pick a definate one i dont think i'll tell anyone until she's here. She's my baby, and if they dont like it then tough, im not gonna go calling her princess, but i dont want a hugely popular name.

Thanks for the replies :)

I won't be telling anyone else what I've chose now anyway :shock:

Just annoys me how when your pregnant/have a baby/toddler people think they have the right to able able to say what they like to you and give you their unwanted opinions :shock: :x

yup at tghe end of the day, theres a never a name that everyone wikll like so bugger em, you love it so if nan wants to love LO she'll just have to get used to it !!

Rachel, your nannas reaction is almost identical to my OH moms reaction when she asked what we had for a boy. I was so mad :evil: :x

So, when she asked what we had thought of for a girl, I said 'too many to remember'

She even had a swipe at my sons name the same day. He is not her grandson. he is named Tyler and she said 'that name is all over the TV'

:evil:

These people are best ignored. And like you (and unlike my OH) it has made memore dtermined to use the name I want!

My gran was the same. When we told her what my initial boys name was going to be (Dylan James) she said 'oh don't name him that, people will shorten it to Dilly'. :x When it comes to my gran, I just agree with her rather than argue it.
I hate people sticking their noses in. My OH's mum is bad for it. On the rare occasions I am at her house (we don't get along so I rarely go with him to visit them) she keeps telling me what I should be eating. Last time I had a packet of malteasers and she was like 'you shouldn't be eating chocolate when your pregnant, don't you read anything about pregnancy?!' I wanted to lamp her. :evil:

omg, not eating chocolate :shock: is she mad?!! LOL.

I'm glad my nan is awesome, she's way cooler than my mum anyway.
My mums a right strange one, trying to get me and my sis to call our kids Trafford. Not a chance in hell :shock: :rotfl:
My mum didn't like the name I gave DD, Chanel but my nan likes it :dance:
In fact, it was my nans perfume I would have been wearing when I conceived shhh. :wink: Chanel No.5 of course.

I told my mum I liked Logan for this one if its a boy, and she was like, urrrgh I don't like that. FFS, just let me choose my own names like woman :evil:
I LOVVVEEE the name Harrison now though, or Meaghan for a girl.
OH's nan pees me off - you can't do this, you can't do that, don't waste money on all that stuff, poking me so hard in the belly that it actually hurts, and after Chanel was born, she used to wake her up if we went to visit her and have her screaming. :twisted:
x

My mum has a shock coming. she is adement our son is going to be called Noah. I only said i liek the name a few months back and asked my OH an dhe said no and my daughter does not like it too so we chose James. She has told everyone and all her friends that he is clled NOah. I have mentioned the name James and she HATES IT> but guess what? Thats his name when he is born.
I have not told her yet cause every time i mention the name James she makes fun and pulls a face.. tough. I like it, my OH likes it and so does my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back