Why wont she eat???

Melly+2

Reaction score
Hopes getting a pain with her eating habbits, she will gladly sit and eat her cerial in a morning no probs, but after this we find it hard to get decent sized m,eals into her, we make her meals she will take a few bites then start messing around and getting angry if we try and make her eat. Its not even like its stuff she doesnt like as she used to eat the food we give her all of the time. What shall i do id hate for her to lose loads of weight because of this but i really am stuck for what to do :(

DD seems to have phases like this, they're either down to her just being a madam and trying it on to see if she can skip to puddings etc or sometimes she gets like this before she's poorly. In general when she's like this and not poorly we just cut out snacks and treats until she realises that you don't get the nice things if you don't eat your dinner.

I worry too when she is like this because she has always been such a fab eater that when she starts fussing with food it's just not like her. I find you've got to ride it out with her and hope that it's just a phase, she's just come out of a fussy phase and is now into a hungry phase (3 bowls of breakfast this morning!)

I think also the key is not to give her too much attention when she isn't eating but lots of fuss and compliments and attention when she does eat.

If it carries on then you could try incentives like letting her choose a new plate or knife and fork set?

Last edited:
I hope its just a phase tbh but it has been going on a while now and its so frustrating :wall:

Hayden is the same..getting him to eat an actual meal is a struggle, he will eat bits and pieces of it and then wants to get up and run around or just play with it! i hope its just a phase..he would sit and eat crap but substantial food is another matter..i just try and make sure i give him loads of fruit, veg ..cheese and yoghurts etc so at least what he is eating is giving him some nutrients!

I dont know how old your littluns are but I was gonna post somefin regarding this as Matilda in the last week will hardly eat anything, a couple of mouthfuls of breakfast, lunch if I'm lucky may be 1 mouthful and tea, forget it!!! it's been about 4 days now and I'm getting worried, she'll eat pieces of banana and dry bread but anything else is pot luck. sounds like this is all ormal then I hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back