Why won't my period pains go :(

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey ladies I know I've posted about periods before and worried but these last two cycles my period pains won't go. I have quite short and light periods but about four days of brown before. Last month I had pain for about 5 days after in my lower abdomen and this time I've had pains since weds night which are constant. Tablets take the edge off but it never goes.

My period is nearly finished again but still have pains. Surely this isn't right.

And to top it off hubby doesn't seem to care, he makes the odd comment about go to bed or do I want a hot drink but he's not interested. He says there's nothing he can do which I know but some sympathy and hugs would be nice.

Sorry for the moan, just worried about these pains and feeling sorry for myself. Could the clomid of made the pains worse (cycle 4 of clomid) xx

Aw hun, period pain is shit I know. Its odd though that u r getting so muxh pain when u don't have a proper flow. Have u mentioned it to the doc? As for pain relief, I find the best thing to take is the paracetamol/codiene mix and ibroprofen. Space them all out over 24 hours and it will def take a lot of it away. If over the counter pills aren't enough u def should go to doc again. X

Yeah I thought the lack of flow and pain was strange. It's worrying me a bit. Im sure its not been like this since the last couple of months.

I've had paracetamol ibuprofen and feminax ultra which is naproxen and they only take the edge of.

I am seeing the consultant on the 10th bit shit scared he will want to do a lap x

You should make sure you get fully checked out. Could be nothing but it doesn't sound normal to me. Oh and ditch the unsympathetic boyfriend. You can do better :) xx

Yeah I don't think it seems normal either :(

Hubby has redeemed himself now and is being quite sweet. I'll let him off x

Is the pain more central or to the side? Does it just feel like period cramps or is it sharp? Do you get pain during sex? Have you ever had an STI or recently been tested for one?

I'm not thinking endo just because your period are light and the pain doesn't seem to be linked to flow.

I'm thinking along the lines of scar tissue, cysts, growths, infection, etc which aren't necessarily as serious as they sound but should get checkout of asap xx

The pains are low down and not really to the side - all along the bottom mainly. They are constant and start like period pains but now just feel sharp and achy and sometimes a stronger wave will come. I has an ultrasound a while back which showed no cysts or anything (not internal) but I did have chlamydia years ago. I told the consultant this and he asked if I had pain at the time (which I never). When I met hubby we bought a test online which was all clear and I've not had issues up until now.

Is it worth getting a swab at the nurse for infection, or just wait til I see the consultant again on the 10th

X

If the pains are still there/getting worse then I would pop in and see the nurse. When did your period actually finish? Mine were quite similar (ie light with lots of brown spotting in the days leading up) before I had my lap, and they did say it was likely connected to the small amount of endo they found so endo doesn't always mean a heavy flow. If they do suggest a lap at least you would know. Have you ever had a hysteroscopy? They will often do one at the same time as a lap. Xx

I only have a couple of days of flow and yesterday it started tailing off. It's pretty much gone today but some cramps are still here. I've heard the brown can be related to endo and I get loads of it before I come on. I see the consultant on the 10th so may see what he says. I've never had anything done as I paid to see the consultant privately and he asked if I wanted to try clomid while I went back on the nhs list.

I think an hsg will be next so will see if he says about a lap too. I'm shit scared of hospitals though and never had an op x

I just remember someone on embarrassing illnesses who had a lot of pain and it was because a previous Chlamydia infection had caused her reproductive organs to stick together so they pulled.

I don't know if the consequences can continue to get worse after the infection has been cleared away.

If it's really low down, maybe you have an infection in your cervix or something. Is you discharge yellow/green and maybe a bit smelly? Perhaps a dose of antibiotics can clear it up. maybe ask for a course of antibiotics to see if it clears up the pain without any interventions xx

Yeah I've heard similar things about chlamydia but mine was when I was in my twenties so probably 10 or more years ago. I did an online test a few years back which was clear and I guess it would of affected me by now.

My discharge is also fine, but I guess it's worth having a swab for infections just to be on the safe side. It seems like its been worse the last couple of cycles so wondered if it was the clomid.

I guess with these things you never know 100% what could be causing it. X

Hmm, we'll I'm not up on clomid. I think it tricks your body into producing more estrogen so I'm wondering how that might cause pain :eh:

I believe it can flare up endo, but you'd think you'd see more bleeding as a result.

Last edited:
I guess I just need to tell the consultant and see what he says. Definitely not much bleeding but the pains can't be normal. I stopped the clomid this month anyway as I figured after 4 months my chances were slim.

Onto the next round of tests :)

God yeah what could be better than being poked and prodded! I've still had the odd lower ache so do you think I should get the nurse to do a swab or wait to see consultant?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back