Anyones opinion/advice on my whacky periods welcome!

corky

Reaction score
Okay here's the situation:

• came off cerazette about a year ago
  • periods were normal for a good six months
  • then they started coming close together (every twenty days)
  • then started getting stabbing pains in ovary areas
  • bloating and pain with sex
  • then constant spotting for three months
  • now no bleeding at all but still pains
  • had an ultrasound of abdomen and inside- all clear
going back to the doctor but getting the impression i'm going to be stuck on the pill, anyone have any idea what's wrong with me or whether i'll ever be able to get pregnant? we've only just started having unprotected sex again after the last few months, but if i'm not even having periods i hold very little hope for falling pregnant. I'm 20 and this will be my first child.

help :(

mine took 2 years to return after the pill. they seemed ok for 4-5 months then were at their worst at 12-18 months

i was an extreme case but it could possibly still be the pill...

they're still irregular 3 or 4 years later so i guess it's partly just the way i am

can't help with other symptoms though

Hey Corky, if Im honest Im not sure by looking at your symptoms but what I do know is that you staying on the pill if your ttc is not the answer. That is not a solution. I had a dr say to me to go on the pill to give me a period as Im not ovulating after my mc. At the time I thought surely that doesnt make sense taking the pill when I want to get pregnant? I said no.

I brought this up at the fertility dr when I was having a moan about my gp and she said that I was right. The pill is not the right thing to take. I think you need to make an appointment at the dr and tell them all these symptoms.

I'd guess endometriosis or wonky hormones.

You need a HSG to find endometriosis, not an ultrasound, so I'd definitely ask your GP for one.

I dont have a clue what it could be but keep pushing for answers, dont let them fobb you off.

Thanks guys, went to docs today and she has referred me to gyny with suspected endometriosis. Not sure whether to be happy they finally seem to have reached a diagnosis or sad because it's going to reduce my chances of a visit from the stork. however she said simply keep trying and that just because i'm not bleeding i could still fall pregnant, but after over a year of BFNs, i'm sceptical :( babydust to you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back