why is this my reaction?

nmf1987

Reaction score
just had a call from my sister(step but like real) to say she found out today she is pregnant again.

obviously im very happy for her but am also selfishly wishing it hadn't happened now for them. they weren't planning it and she said she doesn't really know how she feels about it at the mo.

now my problem is iv'e waited for a baby for so long and has been so special with everyone getting so excited for us and about having another baby but now i know it will all be about her.

when she found out before she told everyone about 3 days before my 21st birthday and everyone spoke about that instead when we got together i barely had anyone wish me a happy birthday at all.

like i say i know it sounds selfish but i was looking forward this being my time. especially with it being my 1st and my dads 1st blood grandchild.

sorry if i sound horrible. just want to cry. feel like my lo is gonna be pushed out already. xxxx

I can understand why you would feel like that hun. Do you get on ok with your sister?

my sister has just found out shes pregnant again, and i ant to fussed tbh :/ that many babys being born recently you dnt have time to be fussed lol!

I have always shared my pregnancies, 1st with my cousin and the kids are so close, 2nd with same cousin again and again kids still very close now, 3rd with my other cousin and my SIL and 4th with same cousin as she was still in same pregnancy lol, 5th with differnt SIL and thats the only one i hated sharing with cause everything was always about her and her baby which i found very strange because i loved sharing my pregnancies all the other times, but to be far we dont see her daughter and never have its all her family so no problem now and again same horrible SIL but again not a problem cause no one likes her in my family. how close are you to your sister can you see yur kids being close like my eldest are, if you look at my cousins and my photos you wouldn't know which kids were who's because they always together. so sometimes its nice and sometimes it not only time will tell i suppose.

yeah we get on ok. its just that when she was pregnant last time it was all about her all the time. like i say i couldnt even have birthday celebrations cos everyone was too bsy with her and talking about the baby.

i just feel like yet again something special that i thought i would be able to enjoy and have veryone excited about is now going to be taken over by my sisters pregnancy.

my baby will be due and she will be showing off her scan pics etc. god i feel so horrible but wanted something just me for once. all through childhood anything she done was always top above me.

i am my dads only child and my sis and my bro are from my step mums previous marriage so they always seemed to take priority with her and my dad struggled to change that. xxx

:hug: Oh no :(

I had to share my pregnancy with a cousin who I dislike but she insisted on trying to be friends and the whole family talked about her and her baby!
I found out I was pregnant with AJ just days before my sister had her little boy. My mam knew but we kept it from everyone else as it was my sister's time. She guessed a few weeks later :)

I can understand why you feel like she's stealing your thunder a bit. However, your baby will be here when she's showing off her scan pics, no one is going to be talking about the scan pics they'll be all over the new flesh and blood cutie baby! Your baby will hit all the fun things first with her baby trailing a bit behind, try to look at it that way. And it'll be nice for the babies to be close in age :)

thanks all. i just know it won't be like happy familys. her last pregnancy was a nightmare and she was really sick etc all the time so everyone was fussing over her.

oh well not alot i can do about it. just having abit of a down time at the mo. had a bit of a falling out with my real mum aswell and feel really alone. just want to cry all the time. xxx

i know how you mean, so many people have announced that they are pregnant recently, i think we have no choice but to just get on with it. as much as it sucks!

My SIL is pregnant with my Nephew (her 2nd). He's due 2 weeks after our baby boy. At first I wasn't bothered because we only see them every few months but last night she was saying on facebook that he's measuring 3 weeks ahead and coz she had an c-section and my Niece was 9lbs last time he may have to be born early! I was not happy at the thought of him being born on the same day as my Son! I don't even know why because I can't choose when both babies will come but I really don't want them to share a Birthday! x

i know what you mean claire. we all want our lo's to have there specail time.

i think my thing is i was always battling with my sister when we were younger. she has always been abit of an attention seeker so always got everything.

just wanted my time to shine as such. xxx

My problem with them being close in age is that my side of the family (more so my Mum, Step Dad Bro's Sis etc) will always be comparing them which is my absolute pet hate! They're individual children with their own personalities and abilities!

I know it's very easy to compare kids but as long as my Son reaches all of his 'milestones' round about the time he's 'supposed' to then we'll be happy. I don't need him constantly compared to his Cousin if he's doing somthing before my boy! Grr!!

P.S. I've had a crap nights sleep so ignore my grumpiness! lol x

it's ok i fully understand. im worried about that aswell as my niece is very advanced whereas my other niece is behind compared to how the other one was at her age.

already has started today though. was on the phone to my dad and was going to tell him how i feel but he had to go to help my sister with her car. hmmm a look at things to come. xxx

Hey, my sister would do the same thing... all I can say is it is your time and you enjoy it; if she is confused about it, it is her problem and don't let her put a dampers on things; you are nearing the end of your time and well done for it... can understand why you feel that way, but some people just seem to do that, with or without meaning to...

Enjoy your time.. xx

spoke to my dad last night and told him how i felt. he is so lovely and said there is nothing that will take away anything from his little boy.

he said he knows he shouldnt say it but its his 1st blood grandchild and 1st boy and he cant wait and its much more important and special to him. i do love my daddy. xxx

ur dad sounds like a cutie :)

Since iv been pregnant 2 of my cousins have announced they are expecting and 2 friends for my DS school are now expecting 2 and my close friend who somehow got swapped to 2 weeks ahead of me lol (im not to fussed bout her as we close and its been nice sharing worries happy things etc with)

Whats annoying me is OHs brother not long had a baby and i think they will constantly compare the children like a few above have said which il NOT be putting up with. My Ohs mum and brother have already been giving me advice about my pregnancy and how his partner wasnt so tired at my stage and how she never had swollen feet aaagggghhhhhh drives me nuts i already have a son and i never compared my pregnancy to hers as i wouldnt want to patronize her..

Lou, tell them to bog off as it's not like it's your first!

I think I'm with Cantstop - it's hard sometimes, like with my first, 2 days before her 1st birthday, her dad's cousins became parents but their daughter was born with spina bifida occulta, so obviously there was a certain sadness and worry that weekend. But it was still my daughter's day.

And this time, I was sharing my pregnancy with my friend, who was due 2 days after me, and at our 12 week scan time, she found out her baby had anencephaly. So that's been tough - not being able to share, she's being fantastic but I miss how things were.

I can understand how you feel, some people can be uneccessarily irritating when it comes to timing. But your baby will be special and I think your dad will definitely be more proud, even if he can't say so out loud for decency's sake.

Stuff yer step sister, you're having a wonderful baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back