Why I am on Ovulating???

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am very fed up this morning. I bought a Clear Blue ovulation monitor as I am due to ovulate this week and i started it on Friday (day 8 a i am only every 25 days) and it has been negative all weekend!!!! I dont get it?? I get the symtoms of ovulation ie I get the cramps, but I do not seem to ovulate? I started using the Ovulation sticks last month and they were negative then? I cannot even seem to get a psotive on a bloody strip let along a preg test!!! I am so fed up. We have been trying for over 2 years now!! All tsts that have come back are all fine, but i am starting to worry that I am just not ovulating... :wall2:

Any ideas????

Sorry, just to clarify, are you using the monitor? or ovulation strips?
the monitor has to be used from day one of your cycle and testing starts on day 6.
the ov strips start on the day corresponding with your cycle length so you are prob testing the right time if it is what you are using.
I dont know anything at all about fertility tests...did they test to see if you were ovulating? xx

Thanks for the response.

Hi I am using the the Clear Blue Ovulation monitor, where you get a smiley face if you are ovulating or just a circle if you are not? You click the strip into the monitor before you wee on it. I though it told me to start testing on day 8 as I have a 25/26 day cycle?? ???? What makes you think day 6 ??

I do also use the little stick where you get 2 lines if you are ovulating or just one if not.

both of these I use on day 8 as 25 day cycle and both have been negative. Any help would be greatly appreciated if i am using them on the wrong days.

I have had all the blood tests done and a scan which show nothing wrong, good egg reserve, I am ovulating, good womb lining, no firboids, endo, or PCO. Basically then cannot tell me why I am not pregnant.. it has been over 2 years.

xxx

Hiya.

The clearblue fertlity monitor is a small monitor that you use from the first day of period by switching on each morning and then testing begins on day 6. I thought this is what you were using but its not so don't worry about that part of it.
You are using the digital ovulation tests which I have also used before. I just had a look on the booklet inside the box and that too says to start testing on day 6 but this is a box on 20 tests so that may be the reason why it says to test from then. I am sure when I had a smaller pack it had a guide in there to what day you should test from, according to cycle length. I have a 28 day cycle and I think it asked my to test from day 9 but can't remember for sure. Does it show anything like this on the leaflet inside the box.
What time of day do you test? I hear lots of people say not to test first thing in the morning. I did this one month and got neg tests all the way through. I now test between 2pm and 8pm and get my pos results around the right time.
It sounds like you have had lots of tests and its fab news that they are all clear. I really hope you get your positive soon xx

Last edited:
Thanks.. I do the test late afternoon/early evening. I will check the advice slip again, but i am sure it is say day 8 for a 25 days cyle which means I should have tested postive over the weekend. I really do think I have a problem ovulating... if that is the case does Clomid help?? I worry about taking fertility tablets and the effects??

Thanks for the advice.

xxxx

Hi,
Ov sticks never work for me, as I think I drink too much water, as I know I ovulate but never get a positive result.
Just a thought could it be something to do with that, as I think they say nit to drink for 2 - 4 hrs before testing - but i could never do that! xx

You still have time to get a positive so don't give up hope yet xx
I don't know anything about Clomid I'm afraid but I am sure there are lots that can advise you on this xx

Last edited:
Thanks Lisey.. :)

Can i ask.. what is the difference betwene a Monitor and a clear blue ovulation stick with the smiley faces???

Gizzy xx

Corrine37.. if you do not use the ovulation sticks, what do you use and how do you know you are ovulating??
I have to say i do drink alot and cannot go 4 hours without water so i did not realise that.

Gizzy xx

Thanks Lisey.. :)

Can i ask.. what is the difference betwene a Monitor and a clear blue ovulation stick with the smiley faces???

Gizzy xx

The monitor is like a little handheld machine that you use from day one of your period. you switch it on every morning at around the same time and then on day 6 it requests a stick. So you pee on the stick, insert it into the machine and it tells you if you are low fertility (one bar) high fertility (two bars) or at peak fertility (three bars). This monitor shows you up to about 5 fertile days rather than two. You do the same every morning that it requests a stick.
The digital ov tests work in the same way that you use them at around the same time everyday but only gives the best 2 days to try whereas the monitor measures other hormone rises that indicate that ov is approaching.

Hope this helps and that I have explained it ok. it is a little confusing and I am still getting used to it myself. xxx

Last edited:
Hiya i also have 25 day cycles, i didnt test positive on a cheap ovulation stick until day 12-13, i am now 8 weeks pregnant. Every person is different, i always thought i had problems as never tested positive on the days i was suppose to due to my cycle length and would always give up testing, the month i tested all the way through til i got a positive was the month i conceived. good luck, have my fingers crossed for u xx

Thanks Kirsty that is so interesting and good to know. I normally give up after 4-5 days and was about to give up this month but I will keep going!! That has really cheered me up :)
Good luck with your pregnancy that is fab news!!!
Love Gizzy xxx

Corrine that helps thank you. I will continue to use the Ovulation sticks this month and try the monitor next month. That does make sense now you have explaimed the difference between the 2. Thank you. Gizzy xxx

Hi Gizzy,
I think your last post was for Lisey not me as Lisey explained the difference to you.

I mentioned about drinking too much and ov sticks not working.
I go by my CM to see when I am OV, the more, the stretchier and most like EWCM is when you are around OV.
It turns slightly cloudy after you have OV'd, I kept a diary on it and took my temps ofr a cple of months until I understood my body. xxx

I posted some pics of my HPT & OPK's, the OPK's started to go dark again about 4-5 dpo and stayed like it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back