Ovulating when expecting af

HollyHobby

Reaction score
Was just running a bath and noticed twingy pain in my right ovary side (i was excited at a twinge on the right for a change) so did an ovulation strip and got a faint line.
Here's me waiting for a normal af to pop up and there's me ovulating!

I know it's a good sign that I am ovulating (been 11 days since m/c) god tempted to go for it as I know it's from the ''right'' side but Zoltar said October! :doh:

Think I need a bd cage never mind the poas cage! :doh:

Ah right I'm confused. Just read the instructions and it says if line is paler than control line then it means LH is at or near its normal level and that the surge is not in progress.

So does this mean that I'm going to ovulate? My temp did take a dive but thought that was due to anti biotics.

Thnk i need a lesson in these sticks :think: I did one days before and there was no second line present at all.

Test line has to be as dark as the control (or as near as damn it) or darker. A faint line or fainter is negative. Keep testing over the next few hours/days :hug:

Hey Hun I always get a faint line whatever time in the month i do an opk! It was only the first time this month I got a proper positive and both lines were really dark! Keep testing hun :hug: :hug:

Thanks folks :hug: I'll try another tonight. I can feel somethings going on and if so then got to count today as cd13 (i escaped the bd cage :wink: )

Hi Hols

I think that the lines progressively get darker until you get the proper positive 24 hours before ovulation. So if you've got a pale line now you should keep an eye on it over the next 1-2 days so you don't miss it (unless you want to because of Zoltar that is!)

Hi eejjie, can it get fainter after ov?
I cant remember the exact day i did the first one, days ago and it was blank. I think I am an early ovulator if I go by left pains in July.
I can never get good results on these things as my pee is always diluted loads.
I worked it out to wait for october it would be right at the end of the month and thats seemed too far away plus zoltar didnt actually say i would give birth in october, just i would have a girl in october :) :) If I have her in May I'll just still be 37 :pray:

They are a bit crap actually cos like Kittymom said some people get lines all the way through the month. I really struggle with them because I drink so much water my pee is always diluted. I have to not drink lots of water when I think I am OV and that isn't good for me so I generally go by the pains, and now charting...

You sound like you could have already OV if you go tthe pains. What have your temps been for the last week or two, can you post them on here?

I am the same as you, I turn 30 in June and really wanted to have my baby before then but if I don't catch this month it won't happen. Cheri said Girl and June for me....!? Jenny said I would get pregnant between June and the end of August so she was wrong! x

Eejie I find it too hard not to drink constantly, did another test tonight and its blank. I paid 3 quid for 5 sticks as well (waste of money!). I'm going to take the twinges and the light line as a positive. Don't want to talk too soon as it is only like 1 day after! but something feels familiar to July. Would I be out of my tree to say I think we did it? :think:

My temps took a sudden dip a few days ago, and I havnt taken it since. So not sure if that was down to the anti biotics though. I just assumed that the m/c wouldnt count as af and that af would come 2 weeks after when it normally would have, but it didnt.

You've still go time before a June birth yet! :hug:

And got a letter off my doctors today, I wish I hadnt. Was a sorry you had a m/c letter, wtf? I am going in the morning and going to give them the letter back - was so not a good idea sending that to me!!!

HollyHobby said:
And got a letter off my doctors today, I wish I hadnt. Was a sorry you had a m/c letter, wtf? I am going in the morning and going to give them the letter back - was so not a good idea sending that to me!!!

I'd love be a fly on the wall for that!!!

I don't think you are out of your tree to think that. Some people just know... Have you asked Zoltar yet? Bet you have!

No not asked him and not going to either :moon:

I am doing my progesterone cream twice a day and asprin just incase and bought pregnacare instead of just the folic acid.
This progesterone is making me feel good, I am a convert! Wish I'd known about it years ago, makes me feel kind of renewed.

I dont know what i'm going to say about the letter, something along the lines of shame youre all sorry now yet made me fight for help when I needed it!
It's got in about councelling - I might suggest they get some on how to be there for their patients :moon:

I'm not as angry I was (lucky for them!)

holly i hope it's your month this month you deserve it :hug: :hug:

Good luck at the docs later...

What does progesterone cream do? So far I take pregnacare tablets every day and the magic medicine this month but that's it....I might get some agnus cactus to try and regulate my cycles...I'm up for trying anything now!

I'm getting twinges now which I don't want because my DH is not back from his hols until tomorrow so I need to hold on for one more day until I OV, 2 or 3 days would be better...

The progesterone tops ups your progesterone levels basicly. Younger women probably wont have any prog. problems, but if you have breast cancer in your immediate family (like I do) then thats usually a sign of eostragen dominance. Mood swings and bad pmt usually means too much eostragen too. Since I've started on the prog. I feel somewhat calmer within myself.
Anyway if you do have lower progesterone then it doesnt help carry a baby because it's the prgoesterone which switches off your period and controls the bleeding - alot of fertility docs put women straight onto progesterone suppositries or pills, but the best we can hope for ourselves is natural cream.

Mentioned this to my doctor and she didn't know anything about it but she wasnt too impressed with me taking low dose asprin, but i said why wait till 3 m/c? She started going on about human nature and the best thing to do is stay relaxed blah blah blah, I said I was relaxed untill all the arsehole doctors got me unrelaxed, telling me I wasnt peeing blood and I wasnt in pain, then saying its ectopic and leaving me - so she said: well you got your scan, and I said I arranged that scan myself!!!! No one was doing anything .... And apparantly i might have to wait 8 weeks for this full tummy scan, now we were told to stay in by the phone for a call!! She said the problems fixed now anyway, ie the m/c - so told her forget it, I'll suffer in silence!
I said I'm still getting pains on and off in my left side, torso leg and arm.... but she doesnt seem concerned and neither does anyone else.So? :doh: just got to plod along, hasnt ben so bad since taking the ab's anyway but still there.

One things for certain if I get pregnant again I will wait as long as I possibly can without seeing a doctor.

Sorry went off on one there! :dance:

thanks all, I hope this month is is it too as I'll have to wait right to the end of October if it isn't, then December and so on - just don't want to risk it from that left side again.

Holly when you get pregnant again you must ask for another doctor she sounds like a right cow. My doc was so nice to me but I arranged the appointment with the one of all four that I thought would be sympathetic. Some of them are just horrid it's supposed to be a caring profession WTF?

I wonder if I have got low progesterone levels as my periods are very light and this can be a sign of low progesterone I think

xx

ejjie said:
Holly when you get pregnant again you must ask for another doctor she sounds like a right cow. My doc was so nice to me but I arranged the appointment with the one of all four that I thought would be sympathetic. Some of them are just horrid it's supposed to be a caring profession WTF?

I wonder if I have got low progesterone levels as my periods are very light and this can be a sign of low progesterone I think

xx

Light periods arent really a sign, but for ttc it says its use increases fertility (and restores libido).
also says: primary necessary hormone for conception and full term pregnancy. Modern science confirms that it'is the one most essential hormone to the survival of the fertilized egg and the foetus throughout gestation..

signs you could be lacking:

ageing, allergies, anger, breast tenderness, breast swelling, breast cancer, cervical dysplasia, cold hands and feet, cravingd for sweets, decreased sex drive, depression, dry eyes, dry skin, early onset of menstruation, utirine cancer, endometriosis, fat gain, fatigue, fibrocystic breats, gallbladder disease, hair loss, headaches, hypoglycaemia, impaired blood sugar control, increased blood clotting, infertility, insomnia, joint pain, muscle pain, anxiety, loss of zinc, magnesium deficiency, miscarriage, mood swings, osteoporosis, pmt, irregular periods, polycystic ovaries, bloating, thyroid dysfunction, fibroids, vertigo.... to name a few.

i can only recommend it for making you feel better within yourself so far.

I've got one more doc to try at the practice,the pregnancy one. I dont think my docs are bad as such just they've assumed too much along the way - diagnosed without even testing or tests have come back different to th ehospitals and not taking my word on somethings. I liked it when we had the old family doctor who was everyones doctor and he'd pop in to see you when you wern't well but they aren't like that these days as they have just too many patients, youre just a number these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back