Wish me luck (and advice please!)!!!

wannabe.pg

Reaction score
Ok, AF has almost gone, I am armed with a stack of Ovulation Prediction sticks and ready to do the baby dance as soon as the time is right, I am determined to do everything I can to get this right and would love all your baby dust to be sent this way please!!

Oh, advice please, the ovulation sticks I bought (online) have come without instructions, I know what I have to do, but when the line comes up as positive, I assume that means I am ovulating as of then (or am I about to ovulate?) and from then am I right in thinking I have about 3 days to BD for the best chance to conceive?

Thanks xxxxx

Hey hun!
Wen u get a positive OPK (HAS to be as dark or darker than.....you may get a few faint lines that confuse u - u will definately know wen u have a positive).... Wen u get a positive then thats the hormone surge indicated u will ov within the next 36-48 hrs. so as soon as u get it....get BDing!!! :)
Gud luck hun!
xxxxxxxx

I would advise keeping track of your temperature so that you can keep BDing after the positive ovulation stick until you see that temperature rise, then you know you have BD'd enough! Because sometimes an LH surge can be a couple of days before ovulation. Good luck x

hey hun! good luck with the opks, i always tested as soon as AF finished so i didnt miss anything and right until my lines started to fade on the opks, when i thought i got a positive i always backed it up with a digital test!

temping alongside opks is supposed to be good too

Ov is 12-36 hours after +ve (line as dark or darker than control) and with Opks you don't test neither fmu, usually get the surge in the aft, if in doubt test around 2pm then later at 8pm hth

thanks everyone and i'm glad you said about the time Scottie, I was going to do it in the mornings!! Phew! I will check my temperature too, it will go down when ovulating and rise again when not is that right?

You will find that pre ovulation it will be one lower temperature pretty much consistently. As long as you take it as soon as you wake before you do anything and at the same time. Then you will likely notice a tiny dip in temp on ovulation day. Then you confirm you have ovulated because the temp will rise approx 0.5 degrees C post ovulation and stay elevated until approximately the day before your period. Once it drops you will normally find AF arrives the next day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back