Why does this happen?!

allycat

Reaction score
For some reason if I'm outside and cold or standing up for a while I suddenly feel very sick, go white as a sheet and my head gets all prickly! My vision starts going funny and I slur my words. I have to sit down asap or I feel like I'm gonna fall down! Happened again the other day when I was chatting to my friend and could have only been outside for 10 mins. Had eaten a bit of brekkie that morning but did feel much better when I sat down, had a drink and went and got a cooked breakfast...any ideas?! :)

Thats the blood pressure. i suffered very badly with this with my first pregnancy ended up in hospital, coz i collapsed in work all because i didnt have breakfast. i have hypotension, which is low blood pressure which gets really bad during pregnancy. Best advice is eat regulary dont miss meals or you could end up collapsing. make sure you keep your sugar levels up too.
If you do feel like this find a place to sit asap and drink orange juice for a quick fix then eat. try not to stand up too long while your out and about.

I keep getting this hun.
If im too hot outside or if Im stood in a shop for too long, things will go blurry and then everything will go black and Ill have to sit down.
I did bring it up with my midwife but she didnt seem too corncerned. :think:
Im going to bring it up again at my next one though.
Id definatly talk to your midwife about it hun. :hug:

do you have low blood pressure? that could be it or even low blood sugar :D

Hmmm thought it might be low BP, but wasn't sure. It's really scary when it happens! Will mention to Midwife next time I see her. I did have my BP taken last time I was at the hospital for blood tests and it was 120/60 so I dunno if that's normal or not? :?

allycat said:
Hmmm thought it might be low BP, but wasn't sure. It's really scary when it happens! Will mention to Midwife next time I see her. I did have my BP taken last time I was at the hospital for blood tests and it was 120/60 so I dunno if that's normal or not? :?
it's normal hoeever your blood pressure changes alot so it could be at those times you had low blood pressure, however like i said it could be low blood sugar, mabe have something to eat when you start feeling this way see if this helps?

I've been a bit fainty now and then and it's usually down to needing something to eat for me.

It happens to me too if I do too much, a quick snack puts me right. My BP was 110/60 when it was checked a couple of days ago. I was told that was fine.

It's not that you need to eat more, you just need to eat more regularly to give you more constant energy....... Easy said when you're dashing about trying to get everything done :D

I was told the perfect blood pressure is 120/70. So anything close to that is fine, bpm 60-80 is within normal range, which is the latter number on your bp reading.

mine fluctuates, it was 160/72 last visit. If I were you I'd speak to your MW/Doc :D

its definitely your blood pressure hun and its one of the more annoying side effects to pregnancy, try to avoid situations where you will be standing around too long and especially in hot environments. i am really suffering with it to the extent im getting nxious about going out and working as i have fainted and it scares me cos it comes on so quick and its such a horrible feeling. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back