Not again..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Just when I had started to feel better..

Was standing up talking to a neighbour at the door, was only there for 5 minutes and my legs just went from under me, Had to sit down for 20 minutes before I stopped feeling light headed. I had just had breakfast (Coco Pops! yay!) So I dont think it was sugar levels...

Ideas?

Could it be blood pressure? I nearly fainted after I'd eatten brekkie but put it down to be too early in the morning lol

Last edited:
WHen I went to the hospital last week they said my BP was fine, Though of course it could of changed, If it happens again.. Ill call midwife.. Ugh.

I had low blood pressure which made me faint. They always told me it was 'fine' because it wasnt high. It was only when I told the midwife about the fainting that she told me my BP was low.

Do you have it in your notes exactly what your BP is? Mine was 98/58 which is quite low and caused fainting.

Hospital reading was 120/62
was 122/58 at midwife the week before

Last edited:
doesnt sound to bad, the bottom figures abit low. You BP can suddenly drop tho so just cos it was that when you were in hospital doesnt mean just now when you were standing at the door it couldve been lower.

I was told that low blood pressure isnt a problem, and wont harm baby, the only risk is obviously if you do faint you could hurt yourself. When I was in work I had to make sure I left doors open when I was on my own in rooms. To be honest I knew when it was coming and could sit down safely. Bloomin horrible though.

My blood pressures gone up a bit now and I dont have it anymore so there is hope for you!!!

This keeps happening to me too. My Dad has a blood pressure machine thing, and when I went to visit my parents the other week, Dad made me take my BP in the morning because he was convinced I had low bp and that was why i kept passing out and going dizzy. I think it was 120/72 or something - seemed absolutely fine. Then later that afternoon, I stood up and went so dizzy, everything went blury and I sort of stumbled towards the lounge so I could lay down. Dad took my bp and it was 96/52, so had really dropped. Half an hour later it was back up to 115/something. I've got no idea at all why it dropped so much, I'd been eating and drinking fine. I guess it's just one of those things - maybe the same is happening to you?? xxx

I have seen if the BO goes lower than 60 then it definitely cause dizziness. Keep a bottle of orange juice with you and it helps keeping the BP normal.

i get dizzy and feels like im gonna faint when its too hot and i over do things. like when im on late shift and walk to work in the hot sun at 2 in the afternoon.. its horrible..

Keeping well hydrated gets your BP up aparently. Never worked for me tho!

You are having a time of it!! Try drinking a cup of tea with a couple of sugars in it, this always helps if you feel faint/dizzy. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back