Feeling Faint

dannii87

Reaction score
Right, this is my last new thread!

For about the last 2 weeks, EVERY time I stand up I feel faint, I'm usually ok at work (but it does occasionally happen), it's when I'm at home and it is EVERY time I stand up from sitting/laying down.

I get headrush, a thumping in my head, tunnel vision and it all goes dark around the edges, I lose my balance...

...The worrying thing is that I nearly fell down the stairs because I got up and went to walk down the stairs but lost my balance and my vision went blurry and tunnel vision set in so I had to sit on the step to get it together again.

It's horrible :( and I don't know what it is.

xx

Hi danni :wave: It might be a good idea to give your midwife a ring as its probs nothing but may be your blood pressure. She will check it for you. Also perhaps you havent had enough water? Hope it passes soon.

p.s..why is this your last new thread?

xx

Because it's my third thread tonight lol

She's on holiday til 7th April so I can't get hold of her, she's switched her phone off and there's no answerphone. I have text her but had nothing back.. x

Hi Danii,

I am not new to Pregforum but new to posting! Hi.
I agree with previous post about it being blood pressure related. You need to get it checked and before your MW gets back. If you pop into your doctors surgery next week one of the nurses will be able to check it for you.

Otherwise I know some of the bigger pharmacies offer the service - maybe google that.

Good luck. BTW I think you are so strong and wish you all th ebest for the rest of your pregnancy. :D

You could call NHS direct, or your hospital maternity ward - they will have contact numbers for other midwives in your area so you can speak to/see one of them. My area has a surestart/seagull centre and they run drop-ins throughout the week where midwives are there for advice and check-ups without needing an appointment, it might be worth asking if there are any of these where you are.

it does sound like low bp as it's exactly what i get! I passed out 3 times sitting down the other day and my bp was very low.
Only thing is that there isn't anything we can do about it! I've just been told to make sure i sit down as soon as i feel faint, if it doesn't wear off then i have to put my feet so they are above the level of my heart.

Also be careful about standing up too quickly/sitting up too quickly.
I've been reccomended glucose tablets for a quick sugar burst which will help you feel better. Drink loads of water, make sure you eat enough and regularly.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: hope you feel better soon hun xxxxxxxxxxxx

^ i agree NHS direct are wicked and really helpful!!

Could it be maybe iron hon??

Also:
Right, this is my last new thread!
You post AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE babe, we are new Mums2be and thats what the forum is for so post away me ol chimmy changa

x

Hi danni, just thought id have a nosey at second tri as i will be joining you all soon and came across your post. I agree with the others, it could be low blood pressure but you might be a little aneamic. its very common in pregnancy, maybe go and see your doctor and see what they advise. hope this helps. take care

Poor you feeling faint :hug: Maybe you are trying to do too much? I would definitely take it easy when standing up and if you do feel faint either lay on the floor with your knees up or put your head between your knees. Also go and see your doc too :hug:

Hi dannii I would go and get checked over hun. I fainted yesterday and went to be checked over today at MDU for piece of mind. They told me that I hadn't been drinking enough fluids and need to rest more, so possibly you are doing too much hun.

Xxx

Hi, I have had this for the past week and the doc said it was low blood pressure. I have also got labyrinthitus, which I have had before but as pg I cant take meds for it.

I would get it checked out though.

By the way I read your diary page, think your amazing and extremely strong! I love the way you have dedicated yourself to bubba and you write your diary so well.

Your LO should be very proud of his/her gorgeous mummy!!! :hug:

Thanks girls! I will try to get a docs appointment tomorrow. Hopefully my MW should return soon from her holiday :wall:

Aww thanks lulu! :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back