Why does it kick you when your down?

I'm gonna do it for brunch tomorrow! (My lie in day)

Thanks Star Fish - sounds yummy!

so sorry af got you starfish, i was really hoping this was going to be your month xxxx

I made the eggs and... well it was a bit of a disater.

I went through about 20 eggs for two of us :shock:

That's what we get for always complaining our chickens are producing too many lol

It didn't split or anything, but at first i think i had too much vinegar (1 desert spoon per 4 yolks) so i added a couple more yolks.

Plus it went a bit runny after all the butter, so i put the bowl over the poached eggs water and it ended up a little too thick but still smooth.

All in all it just tasted a bit like melted butter with some lemon in it and i don't really have butter.

I think i was expecting it to taste more like a white sauce with a hint of butter.

I ate it but i think it was too rich :)

Oh, and after 8 hard boiled poached eggs, i fried them instead :D

I think before i try them again i'm going to have to order some from a restaurant so i know what they are supposed to taste like :)

Last edited:
Ha ha! You are so funny! It should taste a bit like a warm runny mayonnaise (did you remember the cayenne pepper? It's essential to the flavour).

Poached eggs are hard at first I know, but once you get the hang of them you'll never look back I promise!

Get a pan of boiling water, (really gentle rolling boil just at the edges), put in a swig of white wine vinegar (this helps the albumen bond around the yolk) (a swig is maybe a tablespoon, no more). Get your slotted spoon and swirl the water until it is spinning round, and then crack your egg right into the centre. Then it's approx 4 minutes, closer to 3 if you like it really runny, closer to 5 if you like it about to turn harder. Lift it out on the slotted spoon and if you are really a perfectionist you trim the edges of the egg white that have spun out a bit.

You probably know all this, but someone might find it helpful xxx

I knew there was something to add to the water for poached egg that was weird but i thought it was salt :dohh:

Didn't know anything about poaching - i like fried eggs with that 1 kcal spray stuff :)

I use that spray too! But poaching really is much more healthy

Aww star fish :( Sending some light your way :)

Had my AF start yesterday too... a crappy end to a crappy week - but hey ho, there's always next month :p

touche you clever clogs :kiss:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back