Why does being pregnant bring my digestive system to a halt?

T'is a Secret

Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRR

I was like this last time as well. It lasted pretty much the entire pregnancy to an extent too which was a bloody pain.

I really hope it doesn't get as bad though, as I could barely eat in the evenings (when it is at its worse) I'm trying to keep as healthy as possible but these daft early pregnancy hormones are making it nye on impossible!

Sorry - just a quick rant!

Progesterone apparently.

Delightful isn't it.

I'm averaging about once a week and it's certainly preparing me for labour! In fact I think they should do all the breathing classes etc for women when they sell the pregnancy tests as I could sure use some coaching sometimes!

Hope it clears up for you :(

Aw girls, it's horrid isn't it? Try eating lots of fruit if you can stomach it, drink as much liquid as you can, and I find Activia is still helping, not quite as much as it did before being pg, but still...

I found that bran flakes in the morning and some malt loaf at dinner keeps it all going. X

I thought I was going to die a couple of weeks ago as my stomach was soooo full.
Bran flakes - a bowl every morning seems to do the trick for me
Although I used to go at least once a day and now I'm on about once every 2-3 days if I'm lucky

Took me by surprise that nice pregnancy symptom!

oh and orange juice. My mum told me to drink as much as i can and it started to get things going again. X

When I had my first baby I had a nasty episiotomy (which got infected), refused a blood transfusion and therefore ended up on iron tablets. No one tells you quite how much they bung you up.

The combination of the 2 things led to the doors staying shut for a month - seriously! I was close to being hospitalised because of it and had more midwife fingers 'popping things in' then I care to remember!!!!

When things finally got moving it was more painful than the birth (ok I had an epidural with the birth but still)

Funnily enough, I am finding my lack of regularity in pg not such a problem this time around!

Plenty of water and ruffage girls - no pain no gain and all that

Jesus a month?!

Once a week is bad enough for me and it is so painful it makes me feel sick every time i go but I cannot imagine what you must have gone through. I would laugh if I wasn't grimacing quite so much.

I for one can't cope with fruit much at the mo (except the 'day of the oranges' where I went on a rampage and scoffed all the oranges and apples I could get my hands on :lol:) but weetabix is actually making me a bit more frequent (if not less painful)

Lisa are you still limping now? Poor thing I really feel for you :hug:

me too, i am so bloated its horrible! windy and unladylike :puke: :lol: euwwww!

i am quite lucky tho as one of my cravings is actually bran flakes! and the old ice cubes again, which are just water so i do manage to go every day almost! but sometimes i skip a day, which i never did before, and on a no-poo day i feel like shite (no pun intended hahahaah!)

edit- i think its progesterone which bungs us up- but thats a good thing coz progesterone should be high in healthy preg :)

Wow, I have got totally the opposite problem if you know what I mean :?

I have IBS and being pregnant seems to have made it really bad. I usually suffer just before a period so I'm guessing it's kind of the same thing. It's horrible, and 9 times out of 10 ends with me throwing up as well because of the nastiness :puke: Oh sorry to be so yucky!!!

Ha ha, my limp has now gone but it must have taken a year or so before I stopped dreading walking into the bathroom! The only thing that forced me to go to start with was that I joined slimming world and wanted to make sure I was light as possible before every weigh in!!

IBS seems horrible...my friends husband has it, she gets quite frustrated as on bad days he just refuses to leave the house. Naaasty!

My husband keeps calling me smelly bum which I'm really not keen on! I'm usually quite discreet with my wind but I just cant seem to control myself which is really rather bad for me.
My toddler also likes to announce to the world every single time....Mummmy phhhhrt is a favourite, or also Mummy? Poooooh! Aaaaah!!!!!

I'm completely the opposite too and regular as clockwork still. Must be all the fruit!

splashmonkey said:
Give it time, Hannah, give it time :lol:

:rotfl: pmsl....ooo I so hope not, i'd rather be like this than all bunged up!!

Told my hubby last night that a few days before my due date i'm going to have colonic irrigation and then eat no solids at all!! :lol:

Hehehe sounds like a good plan, sure we'll have more important things to worry about by then though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back