Summary of Mr Tri 1

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi gals (and guys)

Sorry I haven't been around much this last part of my trimester, work/xmas and being shattered took over! :roll:

So I'm making a blog of my pregnancy for my baby and thought I'd share a snippet with you guys of my 1st trimester. Maybe it'll prepare you "noobs" (I kid!) or maybe it'll be something to help you dooze off :nap: as I constantly seem to be doing!

Highlights: BFP, The scan (simply amazing) and telling people
Lowlights: Sickness, hearing about someone elses miscarriage.

THE BIG FAT POSITIVE
Wowee was that a shock! We said "ok let's see how things go" and then 3 weeks later we're pregnant! We found out moments before my cousin knocked on the door with our new sofa, so we barely had time to discuss the matter. We just kept staring at each other in shock as we tried to wedge this sofa in the house!

P1020391.JPG

The tiredness
the BFP suddenly made sense, usually my commute to and from London is fine, but lately I had been having naps on the train, coming home and wanting to rest. Once the BFP explained things, hubs put me on sofa-duty and I was no longer allowed to make dinner. I was too tired to help at Scouts too which made me feel really bad as we only recently started!

Holiday!
We had booked our holiday to Egypt before the news... big mistake. Week 6 was half way through, and just as my books predicted, the morning sickness began. THEN I got Egyptian belly as well! Ugh, I was a mess. By the end of the holiday I was shattered and couldn't wait for my own bed. As tiring/messy as it was, I still love all the sights I got to see, I am glad I can tick Egypt off my list of places to go now.

week+6.jpg

The sickness
I know sickness varies from lady to lady, but as my mum said she only had nausea I expected the same. I had nausea alone for 2 weeks, then the actual sickness began... whilst I was at work one day I just realised that the nausea was getting worse and that there was too much saliva in my mouth and I was feeling dizzy. Cue a quick stroll to the ladies! I soon became well acquainted with them toilets, visiting once a day for 2 more weeks. I am still groggy now... fingers crossed it goes in week 14!

The food issues
So many ladies mentioned their cravings... I never really got any :( but I did get aversions.
As a child I ate rice constantly, plain, egg fried, special fried, stir fried, risotto etc. I now HATE the stuff, even saying the word and picturing it steaming away makes me gag.
I also don't enjoy chicken or most meats anymore... it's odd.

(I close my eyes as I upload this, but I have to because the whole situation makes me laugh!)
silver+gold.jpg

The scan
So the 1st trimester is ALL about the scan. Ladies, it is nerve-racking but the most amazing experience in the world when things go well. We saw our Little Sausage straight away and a heart was beating healthily. However, Little Sausage is bloody lazy and didn't move AT ALL for the first 15minutes of our scan, the scanner liked this as he got to do his measurements, but it scared hubs and I. I urge you to be open with your scanner, we told him we wanted to see movement, even though he said the baby was just sleeping. After jiggling my tummy countless times there was still no movement, but finally after I coughed the baby did a boogie for us. PHEW!!! We came out beaming that we had a lazy, but healthy baba!

sausage.JPG

Telling people
Finally the scan meant we could share with our friends and extended family. I love how men react with shaking my fella's hand and saying "Well done my son", whilst ladies hug and go giddy. Telling people has improved my social life as it was hard to go to boozey nights out and not drink without a decent excuse. Friends have been lovely and supportive.
The only hard time I had telling was work, even though my supervisor was happy for me she told me the same day I had my scan, our manager also had a scan... and she had a missed miscarriage. I felt awful and almost guilty! It reminded me how lucky I am to be in the situation I am in. Don't forget to tell your baba you love em every day!

The belly
Having been dieting for the last 2 years on and off (lost nearly 3 stone) it is lovely to cut lose a bit (even if I am a big fussy with food). Even though I have been sick and lost weight at first, my belly seems to be growing larger every day. I think the January sales will be used for buying maternity clothes :D

From
week+4c.JPG

To
Week+12b.JPG

I hope all you ladies have an easy Tri 1; my best advice would be to relax when you need and enjoy this crazy process :)

Last edited:
What a lovely tri 1 overview, thank you! xx

Lovely thread hun but have you thought about moving it to the Journals section so you can keep adding to it hun x

Thanks for this! I really enjoyed reading it! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

brilliant, i really need to do one x

Brilliant idea to do this! Loved reading it, will have to do my own :) Hope the next 2 trimesters go well for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back