why do the HV make such a big deal about it, all the time?

sonia205

Reaction score
Right story...duncan was 5lb 9oz born and went on growing small, under the stupid centiles in the red books and all sorts of time and diesel money was wastd goin to hosiptal for useless tests to be done, one of which included a blood test, had to fill 4 little pots up with his blood and 3 of which all fell over while the 4th was beein taken so had to take MORE blood! All these tests saw nothing was wrong.

Now lil james was born 7lb 8oz they are again asking these stupid stupid questions, like i am in the wrong, they make out tht im not feeding enough, i feed on demand, which is about 3-4 hrs thru day and every 5 hrs overnight Approx.

I am so fed up now they want to do all those tests again on my lil james, im reli fed up, we wasted a yr of duncans life in and out of hospital wasting time, and money to find out nothing was wrong. James is relihealthy they even say so, so why more tests, why waste our valluable time on this, maybe my children are always destined to be small children?
Anyone been thru simular ??

thanks 4 reading!

xxxxxxx

Well my son is in and out ALL the time. I think hun, and I don't know the whole story, but they wouldn't send them for tests for no reason. In fact half the time we have to fight for tests. My son stops breathing and they still don't take me seriously half the time. You are lucky they care enough to look into their health for you. Would it be better to know nothing is wrong than be left wondering?

i guess, i just dont want to put my children back there again having those unnesisary painful blood tests done, its nasty and reli not nice. Conciderin my past experiences i think they have a personal vandetta against me, n my family!

thanks Sami

xx

They can't kame you have the tests.
Are you breast feeding? as the charts in the red books are for bottle fed babies this i was told by my midwife -apparently they are supposed to be bringing out breastfed and bottle fed book so the weight charts are correct.
My boy was born at 8lb and lost over 1lb in a week and i was told i might have to go back in to hospital to make sure he was being fed properly and i said no i would not go back in to hospital - ewan was jaundiced so he was sleepy and thus not feeding as often as he should - i did try waking him to feed - but if you've ever tried to wake a sleep ing babe you'll know how hard it is - so in the end i just made sure i fed ewan about 1/2 hr before MW was due!! so he 'had' put weight on.
i only had him weighed every month or so and we told the HV and MW to leave us alone as they kept giving conflicting advice.
Personally if he is taking good feeds, giving wet nappies and pooey nappys i wouldn't be inclined to worry - if he was feeding every hour then i might worry - but you know your baby best.
You have to decide - if he is putting on weight then he is obviously getting food, if he wasn't then his wiehgt wouldn't g up.

Hope you get things sorted - i dont trust MW HV or the nhs.
My HV is so 'wet' its annoying i avoid her.

You don't have to have the tests or HV care. Breastfed babies put on weight slower that bottle fed babies which is why there has been a furore over the red books (i.e. when the government know breastfeeding is best why are the books based on formula fed babies?).

If he is gaining weight (albeit slowly), is alert, plenty of wet and pooey nappies then you don't have to do anything. You're his mum, stand up for him if you don't want him to go through it, noone else will hon. :hug:

you can get a different chart for bf babies for your red books. I got from doctor as HV wouldnt give me one!

S. xx

SarahH said:
you can get a different chart for bf babies for your red books. I got from doctor as HV wouldnt give me one!

S. xx

why wouldnt they give you one?

thank u ladies this is reli useful and ill get right onto it, big thanks!
xx :cheer:

[/quote]

why wouldnt they give you one?[/quote]

Cause she's a nasty old witch :rotfl:

bit like mine then , lol :D i dunno how these people can judge u when they dont even hav kidsof their own does it annoy u aswell? Really really annoys me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back