Why can't I breathe?

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I have to concentrate on breathing and am taking deep breaths. I have no cough and no temperature. What could this be? I've been doing some hard classes at the gym but haven't been since Tuesday.
Anyone else had this? x

Hey hun :wave:

It could just be cos of the classes your doing as I find if I work my shoulders, back or chest really hard then feels like someone's breaking my chest bone in half

How you feeling now?

Sorry not replied sooner :hugs:

xxxx

Thanks Kez :flower:
It actually feels a bit easier now, it's still in the background but I'm not reminding myself to breathe anymore iykwim.
I got a bit nervous and I think that made it worse.
Hopefully I'm better in the morning, I've got step class at 9.30 ;) x

It's just a horrid feeling cos you think something is seriously wrong, I get when I go running sometimes as well & think a mixture of the muscles being used & maybe me not breathing properly

A nice sleep should hopefully help you hun to relax but you could always ask any PTs in the gym tomorrow just to be sure

xxxx

I will hun, nice to know someone else has had it too, thanks for the reply Kez x

Oh bless you poppet, you know me, even if just :hugs: will try to reply

It can be quite scary though, even now with me doing no exercise I still get sharp pains from breathing too quick but cos I've had for years I'm used to it, a bit silly as should get check out

xxxx

I sometimes get a sharp pain if I breathe in deeply, I've read it could be an inflamed diaphragm??? The times I've thought I'm having a heart attack! x

Omg me to, can't speak move or anything.....I always blame the fags if I'm honest as assume that's what the GP will do but good to hear there another explanation for it

xxx

Yeah, I've asked the drs at work and they say it is quite common x

pressure in the chest, cant breathe, clammy sweaty all points to heart attack but im a cardiac nurse!
do you have any history of heart problems in the family? do you smoke? high blood pressure? high cholesterol?

Omg!!! Am I having a heart attack!!!
Suddenly I can't breathe again!!!
No fh, don't smoke, don't drink, cholesterol is fine.
I do have a diagonal ear lobe crease which I've heard can be a marker for heart probs.
I have had pain (under left boob, in the crease and under boob???) for a long time which goes if I roll on my side and is there with a deep breathe sometimes, or sometimes for no reason and gives me a fright, takes my breathe away.
I'm not clammy, sometimes get a racing like a missed beat, again, had that fir a long time but did suffer panic attacks in the past. Have experienced a 'cold' ache in my right lower jaw and between shoulder blades before, not regular or often though.
Oh no, I'm doomed aren't I? xx

no dont panic- seems as if you be fine more than likely a pulled muscle but if gets worse or any of those syptoms then get them checked x

Are you saying that but secretly thinking there's something wrong? ;)
Should I get it checked out? x

no dont panic
how old are you if you dont mind me askin?

like i said if you been working hard in gym may just be pulled muscle but if gets worse get it checked x

the pressure in chest if 10 being the worst and 1 being nothing what would you rate it at?

I'm 32. Before I would have said maybe 4, now maybe 2 and breathing normally x

yeah youll be fine- just pulled muscle and then probably panic attack maybe??

Yeah could be, I did get nervous. Should probably get the pains checked out, they happen frequently but mostly at night whilst lying in bed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back