Breathing - Worried

Rachel

Reaction score
Kieran is having a nap at the moment and is downstairs with me.

I was watching him and noticed he wasn't breathing so grabbed him in panic and he was fine. Anyway, I put him back down and he went back to sleep and I kept watching him and he stops breathing for about 5 seconds then does a few deep breaths then back to no breathing again. I even put my hand on his tummy incase he was just breathing shallow but he wasn't breathing.

He's just wriggled about now and is breathing normally again.

Did any of your babies ever do this? Worried about it now :|

My oldest daughter used to sometimes go a few seconds without breathing when she was very young, esp in her sleep but would then start again no prob. It was almost like she forgot to how do it! Occasionally, she would start again suddenly if I blew in her face.

I would keep a close eye on him and call nhs direct if it carries on or if you're worried but hopefully it was just a one off. Please do seek proper medical attention if it carries on or lasts longer than a few seconds x

He always starts again on his own, but I will just keep more of an eye on him now and take him to doctor/hospital if he goes longer without starting to breathe on his own again.

Thanks for the link :D That's exactly what he is doing.

Haydens dad does that...it used to scare me so much! I always used to watch Hayden sleeping and worry that he wasn't breathing..actually i still do that and he is 2!! hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back