Why are boys names so hard?

Marquise

Reaction score
So, I had my beautiful girls names picked out, but we've really struggled with boys names... we don't agree on any. We found out yesterday that we're having a boy. I have no idea what we are going to call him.

I thought it might be nice if his name began with R, as OH's does, as did his Dad (Rodney... no...), and his grandpa (Richard, same as OH). OH doesn't have either parent alive ,and I thought it might be nice for him to carry something on like this.

No names are jumping out at me at all. :( I just can't find one that I love enough to call my little boy. Girls names were so easy!

It has to go with David as a middle name, after my lovely Daddy.

Ideas so far:
Rufus
Rowan
Reuben
Rex

Hubby only likes Rowan. But now I'm not so sure.

I'd like it to be a little unusual, but not so much so that I'd feel stupid telling someone what we chose to name our baby. I hate when people judge babies based on their name!

Roman? Unusual without been 'silly' I only know of one roman in RL, I know there is one on here!

I also like
Ronnie
Richie
Rudy
Ryan

Which start with R xx

I was going to suggest Rufus. I know a little boy called Rufus but they always called him Roux (guess you could spell it like Roo too). I really like Rex!! I like dani's suggestion of Roman too.

The only names I can think of are Robin, Rupert, Ruraidh, Romeo or Rory.

Don't worry you'll get there eventually, we were like this with girl's names... had absolutely no girl's names at all that we could agree on but a good few boys names. We FINALLY found a girl's name we both liked a few days before our 20 week scan but it turns out we're actually having a boy so it didn't matter anyway.

ofthose names the only oner i really like is rowan (others just dont pwrsonally float my boat) I do know someone who just had a reuben though.

I like Ronan though, whcih is an R name]]

but Rowan is nice.

from your names id say in order

Rowan]
Reuben
Rufus
Rex

Dreading having a boy for this particular reason! We don't have any boy names at all.. Girls, slightly easier..
I like the sound of Reuben, and Rex has grown on me over the years..
Can't think of any other boys names that haven't already been suggested xx

I like reuben. What bout Rylan? We was considering that until we found out we was having a girl! Agreed girls names are Alot easier! Xx

Just thought of a few more! Riley, Reece/Rhys, Ricky, Richard, Russell, Ross.

I was going to suggest Roman too, love the name and have met a couple if little boys called it and it sounds cool and cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back