Why am I so scared and tearful?

fruityloop

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I only joined yesterday so I am a newbie.

Iam 7wks 2days pg with 1st baby. I have had 2 ultrasounds in the last 2 weeks. The first was because I was spotting but it was implantation spotting. Yesterday I had my viability scan and everything is normal. Baby's heart is beating fine and the implantation spotting has now stopped.

I am so terrified something is going to go wrong. I don't think it helps that I have suffered from depression for 10 years and have stopped all medication at the advice of my GP for the safety of my baby. This has all left me feeling very tearful and paranoid that something horrible is going to happen.

I am trying so hard to relax and not get stressed but I feel on edge. I am also very tired which isn't helping.

I have never been pg before. I've had PCOS for over 15 years and was told I would never conceive. My partner and I are so happy now we have got over the initial shock.

Sorry to go on. I just feel like I need someone to talk to.

Thanks for listening.

Tina :cry:

babes... ur so very normal.. ask anyone on here and theyll tell u the same.. i was in a constant wreck.. i had a scan the other day the baby was kicking and everything but i still think something is gonna go wrong...

its our mommy protectiveness taking over already...

i used to cry if i cant find the remote... if i cant be bothered to do supm.... anything

ur very very very normal

Ah bless ya! Like Ebony has said its really normal. I know it seems a long way off but once you are past 12 weeks you should relax much more. I have heard that once you have seen the baby's heartbeat the likelyhood of something going wrong is minimal.

Its hard not to worry, believe me I was a wreck in the beginning but I do wish I had relaxed and enjoyed the joy of being pregnant more now.

I think you should pamper yourself and eat lots of good food, both will be beneficial to baby as well, as they say happy Mum, happy baby.

Anyway a big congratulations, you are having a baby :D

Hi Babe, :wave:

Welcome to the forum!!

I totally agree with what Ebony & Skatty said...............you are so normal hun, so don't worry! It is all pregnancy and hormones and worrying for your unborn baby! We are ALL the same! :hug: Take it easy babe! xx

Thanks so much everyone.

I am feeling a bit better today. The tiredness doesn't help does it??

I bought an excellent book yesterday which has given me so much detail and has helped me to try to relax a bit more.

Thanks again. It's great to know such great support is online. :hug:

Tina

welcome fruityloop, i am a bit like you today my brother ( who has to be the most unsensitive tactless person in the world!!) sent us a huge bouquet of flowers today with a balloon and i sobbed for ages!! as i was happy but i couldn't stop crying i thought it was so thoughtful especially coming from him!! hormones what are they doing to us!! :wall:

hey hun, most ppl on here will tell you i am the biggest worrier in the world coz i just want my baby to be ok:)

Hey welcome! and Im glad youre feeling better a couple of days ago I was in your same position, teary and worried..posting my worries on this forum helped me to see that I am not the only one! obviously I am still worried about the baby as I did not have a scan yet but Im trying to keep positive as much as I can..Good Luck and should you have any more worries please do not keep them to yourself!!! :wave:

yeah i second that roxanne, we are all here for eachother, we can all worry and reassure each other xx :hug:

rusks said:
welcome fruityloop, i am a bit like you today my brother ( who has to be the most unsensitive tactless person in the world!!) sent us a huge bouquet of flowers today with a balloon and i sobbed for ages!! as i was happy but i couldn't stop crying i thought it was so thoughtful especially coming from him!! hormones what are they doing to us!! :wall:

Awwww that is lovely babe, I would have cried too!!! Daft aint it :lol: xx

Can anyone give me a bit of advice how to insert a baby timeline ticker. I just tried above and it came out with nonsense!

Brain has turned to mush....

aww, sweetie everyone seems to get like that, one minute were all excited the next were blubbering,

about ur meds, i was the same i was on 30mg citalopram daily, and the doc said stop takin the meds straightaway, so i did, and thats a bumpy road, the headaches are a killer!!!

just think longterm adn stay positive, your oging to have your miracle baby to keep you occupied soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back