Who's had an internal scan? Panicking big time!

NatC

Reaction score
Seriously freaking out! After my scan yesterday I've been telling everyone today!
This morning I had really bad belly ache and came over all faint, hot, cold, sick but just put it down to the baby rebelling from yesterdays poking and prodding!
Now I got home and just found some brown discharge in my knickers, I'm really trying to stay calm about it! It's brown after all! But add that to the belly ache this morning and in getting worried!
Anyway they did an external and internal scan yesterday as well as a lot of belly poking! Could that be what's caused it??? They said my cervix was closed, surly there would have been some sign yesterday if the worst was on it's way!!

Has anyone had an internal scan??? Did you get any brown discharge after??

i didnt have anything after my internal scan but I was only 5 weeks ish. Why did you need an internal one at 12 weeks??

Hey sweetheart I have had 2 internal scans and although I didn't I was told to get a small amount of bleeding or brown discharge is common. Try not to worry maybe ring ur mw so they can put ur mind at rest

They where just so extra at the hospital, they said they recommend it as it would give them a better idea of if I was at risk of a premature birth and also the baby wouldn't get in position so they could see it's spine properly

Thank you Mrsmc! They never said anything like that to be but guessed it must be a possibility! Feel better just hearing you say it!! Think I will make a call though!! Thank you! Xx

Last edited:
Iv had 2 internal scans and had brown discharge both times :hugs: xxx

I echo what MrsMc said. She speaks sense :) Hope your feeling better now hun xx

Last edited:
Thank you ladies! I love you all!!! Xx

I havent had this experience but didnt want to read and run. Only to say, as you already know, that I had a lot of pain after my scan, including belly ache, and wondered if it had been too hard for the baby, but apparently the fluid in the sack is really robust and s/he wouldnt have felt too much. I'm sure it is totally fine, but ring mw for peace of mind :hug:

Thank you again my lovlies!!!

Feeling much better and no more spotting, so fingers crossed i was just over-reacting (as normal)!! Will wait till the morning, and if it comes back and is worse then before then i'll put a call in!!!

But from what you've said, i'm sure it was just the internal scan!! STAYING POSITIVE!!!! Xx

Thank you Xx

I had an internal scan at 12 weeks and she was so rough I was definately sore and achy the next day, I didn't have a brown discharge but did have more cm than normal. I'm sure its just from the scan I wouldn't worry especially if baby was fine, but u could always ring mw if not sure, its what they get paid for!!

Hiya

Ive just had an internal scan at 5 weeks because I have been in pain and I had the brown discharge after scan and the next day.

Hope that helps put your mind at rest as I was worring a bit too!

i had an internal.. and never really got brown discharge.. i think if prodding & poking baby was dangerous then they wouldnt do it.. plus brown discharge is old blood.. could of been feeling faint to that to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back