is it normal to bleed after internal scan?

sammi7

Reaction score
i had an internal scan today after bleeding a little bit. The bleeding had stopped and i just had a browny dishcharge. Midwife said everything looked ok and not to worry about the brown dishcharge as this was normal in early pregnancy. But tonight when ive wiped there has been a little bit of blood. not alot so Not too sure if this is normal or if its anything to worry about. I would be really grateful if some of you ladies who have experienced this to let me know please x

I can't speak from experience, however I do know that sometimes people bleed a bit after sex in early pregnancy. I guess its a similar principle? If you're worried then call your midwife or doctor. I hope all is well hun x

i have to have an internal scan next week, did it hurt and did they let you insert the probe yourself at all?
thanks

I had an internal scan at 8 weeks and I did bleed a small bit - the midwife says it is totally normal

did they let you insert the probe at all? i am very worried about this part i have never had anything like this done before and i have read that some places let you do this part yourself?

thanks ladies, i appreciate your replies. My doc has told me to expect as bit of blood for a few days as long as its not alot. It has stopped today though so im really glad. Its put my mind at rest xx

sammi7 - I'm glad you called your doctor and that your mind has been put at rest a bit :) And I'm even more glad that you haven't had any more bleeding! Lets hope that's it now! xx

No they don't let you put the probe in yourself it only goes in about 2 incessant any way and doesn't hurt just a but of pressure ESP when you have a full bladder xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back