Who's had a Caesarean?

Blimey! Thanks ladies!
What will be, will be I guess but I'm hoping to avoid a section if I can.
At least I know what to expect now if I do have to have one :shock:
Painkillers, painkillers and more painkillers looks like the way to go!

The worse pain and experience of my whole life EVER and I NEVER want to go through that again. If I do this time around I wanna me put to sleep for three months afterwards so I don't get that awful pain again every time I move, try to get up etc.

Very painful for the first few days after but does get easier and like eveyone's said you have your little one so it's so worth it. One thing I would say is try and make sure you get lots of sleep the night after your section, I don't think I slept a wink as I just layed looking at little man... the next morning they made me go have a shower, gave me a little sip of some morphine drink on top of normal pain killers and I passed out in shower... ouch! Falling really hurt my scar luckily OH was with me so pressed buzzer and got me up I then manage to pass out again! I'm sure if I had actually slept it wouldn't have happened.

I was under the impression that second secs were less painful than your first but after reading this thread it seems not??

Also my scar is still soooo itchy it drives me mad, anyone elses still itch after 6+ months?

x-kirsty-x said:
Having a c section is my biggest fear of all! I dont care what else they have to do to get the baby out, I just dont want to go through a section :shock:

I felt like that too. I had a really snotty doctor who kept threatening to take me down to theatre but after 14 hours active labour I was sobbing. I hadn't gone through all that to end up C-section. In the end I was cut from fanny to bum (sorry :oops: ) and Stanley was sucked out with a ventouse. I'm still glad I didn't end up with an op but agree with Tash. recovery is needed whatever.

They have to come out of one hole or another, and it's never going to be THAT easy! :rotfl:

bex said:
Also my scar is still soooo itchy it drives me mad, anyone elses still itch after 6+ months?

Mine does hun, and it's been over 4 months. I also met up with a couple of mums from here yesterday (Lisa31 and Anna Marie :wave: ), and Anna Marie's LO Lara is almost 5 months now, but she said her scar still itches. So it seems pretty normal. :)

mines itchy sometime and its still pretty numb is that normal?

At least I know It's normal then! Mine's still numb too, I hate touching it.... makes me cringe, hard when all I want to do is itch it!!!

Yeh, mines numb along the actual scar. Seems pretty normal.

You've got to remember whats happened. You've had a major op, been cut right through, and then stitched up again. It's bound to damage the nerves.

I had breast implants about 9 years ago, and the scar tissue underneath the boobs is still a little numb now.

i had a section and had to have a wheelchair to go to scbu 4 the first few days then just had paracetamol i agree about the coughing, sneezing and laughing huerts.

The scar with always be numb. the nerves were cut. I have the same in my wrist that I cut when I were 16. It's annoying not being able to wear tanga briefs now as they dig into the scar and make it itch. :( That was from 7 years ago! Tried BIG knickers and because of the bump they just roll down and into the scar too. Can't win. :rotfl:

my scars numb but not irritated by my knickers or anything? jus have to b careful with my bikini line cos they cut me so low!!! :shock:

I had a section 7 weeks ago - this would have been my worst nightmare beforehand as I wanted a water birth, but looking back it wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. The strangest thing was looking at the Dr tugging and not feeling ANYTHING (I could see what was going on as it was an emergency c section so there was no time to put a screen up) it was like an out of body experience!! As for the recovery, I was dosed up for a few days in hospital so was fine, it was when I got home - climbing stairs for the first time was agony!! I also got an infected scar so it is still quite painful to touch.

I found it awful to shower, couldn't bath as I couldn't get in and out. I used to sit on a stall in hospital while Tony (Ryan's dad) washed me then lean my head over the sink and he washed my hair. lol Some didn't shower for a few days, eww. Rather be in pain than stinky. :rotfl:

mike had to shower me after i had my section!!!!! we got the giggles so bad in the shower room while his parents looked after jamie, the midwifes must have thought we were upto something lol!!! mike couldnt stop laughin cos i was really actin like an old lady who couldnt do anythin lol!! :rotfl:

I had an emergency section 6 weeks ago, reason being - prolonged 2nd stage and failed forceps

lol! rich had to shower me to! lol it was so embrassing being like an old woman shaking at the knees :rotfl:

ifs funny now but at the time.....OUCH!

i was laughin then and still laugh now when i think about it lol!!!

hev&madi said:
lol! rich had to shower me to! lol it was so embrassing being like an old woman shaking at the knees :rotfl:

ifs funny now but at the time.....OUCH!

That reminded me about the shower I had the day after I had him and something I said to one of the nurse people well, i'm too ashamed to even say it here :oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back