TTC after a caesarean

paulaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a link between having a caesarean delivery with a first baby and finding it difficult to conceive a second time. I have read a few articles on the interent which suggest there may be a link but I wondered if anyone had more info on this
Thanks

Hi,

I've read this as well but my sister has had 2 c-sections and has 3 kids so I wouldn't worry about it too much if you can help it.

Hi Paulaws,

I had a c-section with my first child and I was pregnant 4 1/2mos later!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I wasn't ttc but I got pregnant, so I don't think that having a c-section plays a factor in ttc. Have you already started trying??

xoxo Ree

Hi Ree,
yes we have been trying for 9 months, i think I have convinced myself there is something wrong because i got pregnant really quick the first time. I know that patience is needed but I am finding it really difficult at the minute. Hope your pregnancy is going well and you are feeling o.k. It must be really hard having a little one a well as being pregnant, our son is 5 now.
paula

Hi Paula,

It's so easy to covince yourself of things. Try not trying so much, if that makes any sense. I found that when I stopped "trying" is when it happens. I know it's easier said then done, but try and see how it goes. Things are going ok now I had a rough time of it when I got pregnant, but things seem to be ok now! Thank god! My youngest is 6 now so they are not so little anymore :cry: This is baby #5 for me!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Child #6 for hubby and I both (he has a 20yr old) If things that happen soon for you then you could always go and see if any thing is going on. Have you been on any kind of BC????

xoxo Ree

Hi Ree
Wow 5 children, you are so brave! I have been on the pill since Keiran was born and stopped taking it in december last year. Since then my AF was a little irregular at the beginning but seems to have sorted itself out and settled on 27 days. My doctor has said that perhaps something isn't quite right as I got pregnant so quick last timeand wants me to go for blod tests etc but to be honest I am too scared to go. It's catch 22 if I go and find out there is something wrong that will be the end of it-we have agreed that we won't go down the intervention route but if I don't find out and it never happens that will be just as bad.
Sorry to pour my heart out to you its really good to tell someone how I feel.My husband and I don't really talk about it-I think he thinks it will just sort itself out.
Take care
paula

Hey Paula,

I am more then happy to listen!!! It's always good to talk about things. It could actually take up to 18mos to conceive once coming off the pill or any other BC. Just something to keep in mind. Your right it is a catch 22 what does hubby want to do???

xoxo Ree

Hi Ree,
My husband says very little i think he is worried about saying the wrong thing. He says perhaps we should just be thankful for keiran and leave things to chance but I get the feeling he is trying to say what he thinks I want to hear because he thinks that will make me feel a bit happier. I also think he is reluctant to consider the possibility that something may be wrong. What a mess! And there was me thinking it was going to be so easy to add to our family!
Paulaxxx

I can understand you wanting things to be easy, and I am sorry they are not going easy for you and your hubby. Maybe trying something like cough medicine or some of the home tricks to help conceive?? I don't really know of any except for the cough medicine but I know that the women on here always have great ideas!!! Something to think about. I know you said that you guys weren't gonna try anything to help with it.

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back