Whooping cough vaccine

LisaFletcher

Reaction score
Anyone had this done yet? Got mine next week just worried about side effects x

Yeh got it about 10 weeks ago, fine on the day for a couple of days after there was a lump, bruise and it was a bit tender but otherwise that was it

Yeh I was fine Achey arm the next day for about 4 days after but otherwise all fine x

The way I looked at it was if anything happened because I didn't have it I wouldn't forgive my self ...and think of all the people who have had it now and had there baby's if there was any problems with it they wouldn't be giving it us x

I chose not to have it. If you do all your research and make an informed cboice its the best you can do. If you look on nhs website there is information on the vaccine, its side effects etc. Xx

Had mine at about 32 weeks - arm ached later on in the day but didn't stop me sleeping on it and it was pretty much gone the next day so was fine :) also got a little lump where the needle went but no other side effects from that :) x

Just had mine today (Late cause midwife didn't even tell me I needed it! And then surgery couldn't fit me in, until now!) But it didn't hurt, and arms not aching (yet lol) Its not red or swollen either (yet lol) x

you have it any time after your 28 week mark :)
i had no side affects whatsoever other than the same as when i had my flu jab.. an aching arm! lol
the nurse will tell you all the benefits of the vaccine when you have it :) i think its really good and worth having if you look at the down sides nowadays of not having it id recommend any woman having it :) xx

just found this on the nhs website..

Whooping cough is a serious illness. Babies who get it can develop severe complications such as pneumonia and brain damage. Most babies with whooping cough will need hospital treatment, and when whooping cough is very severe they may die.
There is a large outbreak of whooping cough in the UK at the moment, with three times more cases in the general population than there were last year. In the first seven months of this year, 235 babies under 12 weeks old had whooping cough. Sadly, 13 babies have died from whooping cough so far this year.
Babies who are too young to be vaccinated are at greatest risk.

this is also a good link..

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/whooping-cough-vaccination-pregnant.aspx#Why

I am going to get it done, got to see the nurse to book me in but apparently they are VERY busy! xx

dont blame ya kel xx
so long as you have it done before 38 weeks the mw told me it will work .
she said theres no point after 38 weeks cuz it wont work !
i say have it done way before 38 weeks cuz some women give birth before then! haha xx

Last edited:
dont blame ya kel xx
so long as you have it done before 38 weeks the mw told me it will work .
she said theres no point after 38 weeks cuz it wont work !
i say have it done way before 38 weeks cuz some women give birth before then! haha xx

Yeh she said anytime up to 38 weeks is fine but they are SO busy at the moment. Lol. But ill ask again at my app in two weeks n get booked in if there is space before 38 weeks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

bloody hell i got in straight away at my docs! you would think that a 2 second job would not be that hard to get you in for! lol waste of time arent they some of them xx

My arm ached for a couple of hours on the evening but woke up and felt perfectly normal, I don't even have a needle mark xxx

bloody hell i got in straight away at my docs! you would think that a 2 second job would not be that hard to get you in for! lol waste of time arent they some of them xx

Yep lol! Ill see what they can do :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300

I had mine a couple of weeks ago and the only side effect I had was that my arm felt a bit bruised for a couple of days, apart from that it was fine.

I totally forgot about this. Had my 28 week appt and it wasn't even mentioned :-(

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I totally forgot about this. Had my 28 week appt and it wasn't even mentioned :-(

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

some mw's are useless and dont tell ya anythin lol i read about most things on the nhs site cuz mine is completely useless lol
get yaself booked in hun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back