who says money doesnt buy you happiness?!

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
hey guys! having a terrible week money wise.

sure start got back to me and said i wasnt due any money from them.. even though my maternity allowance rate is only £94.55 a week. and my boyfriend doesnt work as hes a student. making only £3400 a year (altogether we make less than 10 grand a year). but yeah, no sure start for us.

i came off work on maternity leave on the 21st of may and havent had any payments yet.. im used to weekly payment. so right now i have nothing.

our only key snapped in our lock this week. so we had to get a locksmith to come out which cost £200. which we thought was rediculas... but then today after checking my partners online banking we've found out they actually took £360 from us. stealing £150 from us.

which leaves us with literally just enough to pay our rent this month.

leaving us with a grand total of £3 to our names.

ive got no idea when my allowance will start. and we cant contact the locksmith til during the day tomoro, so no idea if they will repay us the money we stole. and im raging at sure start. the reason im not getting sure start is cause im not getting working tax credit (which i cant get cause i dont work enough. therefore people that do get working tax credits clearly make more money than me because 1. they work more hours than me. and 2. they get awarded with working credits!!!!). and im not getting child tax credits.. which i will be getting once my baby is born. but obviously hes not born yet! the system is just fucked up. basically people that make more money than me get £500 from sure start.

and then of course ive had a dreaded council tax bill on top of everything else.

sorry for the long rant. but ive never been so stressed about money in my life. :(

omg i would b fuming taking 150 pounds !!! get straight on to it tomrrow and hopefully u will get it back !!!!!!!!!!x

Sorry things aren't going well hun, you defo don't need all this stress and growing LO too.

I think there are like emergency loans or something? I have no idea about this kind of stuff, but do you have access to the GR? It might be an idea to post about this in there and see what the girls say? I'm sure there must be something you are entitled to.

xxx

OMG what an awful week for you. Because you'll get child tax credits once LO is here will you be entilted to get the sure start then, since you can claim till they're three months old?

Really hope your maternity payments start soon x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

god knows! but tomoro im getting on the phone to sure start to give them a piece of my mind. and il call maternity allowance to see when im getting money. and my partner is gunna deal with the locksmith. if they refuse to repay us it will be straight to the police. just not what we need right now. we struggle as it is at the best of times :( xx

Get yourself to citizens advice as well. They can do a complete benefits check for you. This is a terrible situation to be in and you must surely be entitled to help. Xxx

I know how u feel hun, its ridiculous that u don't get the sure start amount when u obviously need it! I really hope things sort out soon for u cos I too have worried about money like u, sending u big hugs xxxxx

Your not allowed Sure start on MA, I know this as they said i cant have it either, you have to have income support which i had then they stopped it and gave me MA, which is annoying as i needed that £500 im struggling like mad too :( also MA can take a while mine was like 5 weeks to go into my bank, id you chose 2 weeks and u didnt get any this weds gone you wont till 2 weeks now as thats when the next time MA is paid to ppl xx

Last edited:
thanks for all your help girls! family is helping us out intil we sort things. the locksmith is saying they will put money back in my partners account, although they havent yet. but we're pestering them!! and i spoke to sure start and the guy says that i will get it once im getting child tax credits! just a shame its not sooner. still no work from maternity allowance though! xx

There are crisis loans available x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back