Who pre-makes all formula feeds for the day?

I put 3oz of cool boiled water in a bottle and add 2oz of freshly boiled water when needed then add formula.
I tend to fill up a flask with the boiling water then can use it throughout the day and when out and about.

Hi,
You can try to use the "minonit". I think it might make things easier to prepare yours baby food

I put 3oz of cool boiled water in a bottle and add 2oz of freshly boiled water when needed then add formula.
I tend to fill up a flask with the boiling water then can use it throughout the day and when out and about.

thats a really good idea putting cooled water in the bottle then just adding boiled water when the bottle is needed. Saves having to heat a bottle up!

i assume it dissolves ok?

Yes as it's the perfect temp for LO and takes only a minute to prepare x

Night feed bottles....
Can u just put the boiled water in the bottle and leave to cool then though out the night when lo needs feeding just add the powder!???? Or does bottle need to b in fridge!?
He prefers room temp milk!
:-/

Night feed bottles....
Can u just put the boiled water in the bottle and leave to cool then though out the night when lo needs feeding just add the powder!???? Or does bottle need to b in fridge!?

Yes that's what I Do all day and night it's fine xx

Thanks Hun, :) x
Seems to b working for us too so will continue to so it this way!!
X

Night feed bottles....

It is of course completely up to you, but really the formula should be mixed with the hot water because formula is not sterile - 70 degrees or above kills any bacteria in the milk.

I have started doing 1 bottle in advance at a time.

I have 4oz of cooled boiled water sitting on the side in a bottle. When its time for a feed I boil the kettle, and then add 1oz of boiled water to the bottle, then put 4oz of boiled water in another bottle and set aside for the next feed.

then I just add her formula and its the perfect temp to give her straight away. However, this will not kill any bacteria in the powder. BUT, Aptimel say to let the boiled water cool for 30mins before you add the powder, so surely that wouldn't be 70 degrees or more either??

Apparently the 30 mins brings it to 70 degrees. I usually make them after 20 minutes (any long and I forget, lol I seem to have the memory of a fish lately!).

They do like to make things so confuzzling!!!

Apparently the 30 mins brings it to 70 degrees. I usually make them after 20 minutes (any long and I forget, lol I seem to have the memory of a fish lately!).

They do like to make things so confuzzling!!!

I make mine at 20mins too!!xxx

I have started doing 1 bottle in advance at a time.

I have 4oz of cooled boiled water sitting on the side in a bottle. When its time for a feed I boil the kettle, and then add 1oz of boiled water to the bottle, then put 4oz of boiled water in another bottle and set aside for the next feed.

then I just add her formula and its the perfect temp to give her straight away. However, this will not kill any bacteria in the powder. BUT, Aptimel say to let the boiled water cool for 30mins before you add the powder, so surely that wouldn't be 70 degrees or more either??

When water boils it's 100 degrees. If you leave it for up to half and hour it's between 70 degrees and 100 degrees. This is why I add the water and the poweder together while it's hot, then put it in the fridge to cool. In the fridge, once it gets below a certain temperature (whatever the temp of the fridge is I guess) it's more likely to ward off bacteria again. So it's better that way apparently.

Allowing water to cool to room temp isn't killing off any bacteria in the powder, but see to be honest I think they're only covering their backsides, whatever you're comfortable with go with it xx

have changed my system.

I have a made up bottle in the fridge. When i need it i boil the kettle to fill my jug with hot water to warm up the bottle. Whilst that is warming up I then make up another bottle and stick that in the back of the fridge. That way a bottle is only there for 4 hours maximum. So far it seems to be working for us.

and we still have a stash of ready made for when she is super cranky and wont give us time to heat up a bottle!

It's so interesting to see how everyone makes formula differently. I've just began FF after unsuccessfully being able to BF any longer. We use the powder, fill our bottles once the kettle has cooled (I do 4 at a time) add the powder and then put in the fridge ready to be warmed when MJ needs fed. There's just no way he could wait 30 minutes for his feed each time! I have some ready made in cartons for when we're out and about and it seems to be an ok system so far! x

I make up 5 bottles at night while water is still hot. Stick them in the fridge then warm as needed 5 do 24hours

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I make up 5 bottles at night while water is still hot. Stick them in the fridge then warm as needed 5 do 24hours

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Same x

I make them up using water from the kettle (cooled down before adding powder) then into fridge. Then heated in micro when needed. I add colief before they go in fridge and gaviscon before serving. I make up 3-4 during day and 4-5 at night depending on what's sterilised. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

I haven't dared microwave yet- how long do you do it for xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back