Ready made formula

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
Are any of you using the cartons of ready made formula? I used it when my LO was 1st born when I was unable to breastfeed then once she upped her feeds it was costing to much so we switched her to powder. Start of Dec she started been a bit fussy with her feeds and was still only drinking 4oz (she is 13.5 weeks) I switched her back to ready made on xmas eve and she is guzzling 6oz now! SMA have started making 1lt cartons and they are £2.20 in Asda. Just wondered if any of your LO were the same? I have also bought the Gill Rapley BLW book so gona swat up on that so I know exactly what to do once she hits 6 months.

Hope you all had a fab xmas and new year.

S
xx

We use a mixture of both - and my LO doesn't notice the difference. I thought powder was much more cheaper but using the 1 lt cartons its only about £5 cheaper per week (yes its sad that i worked it all out, must be missing work?) and thats on a carton a day!

:wave: I only use the cartons when I'm out and about or I know I'll be in a hurry. The powder obviously works out cheaper but if I had the money I'd buy the readymades cos then you don't have to worry about making up the feeds properly and storing them. x

Last edited:
I've never used them because you can't get C+G comfort in cartons, well I've never seen them. I'd have no problem using them if I was out and I could get them. She'd probably be fine on a normal one now but don't want to change things. Would be really handy though!

My lo usually drinks more of cartons than powder ESP when he was little!

my son drank more readymade as its creamery and isn't as thin as the powder. But I couldn't afford it so just worked at him taking more powdered bottles he doesn't take more than 180mls now at nearly 11 months he just wasn't a big drinker. Strange thing is he will drink a full 250mls of ready made if he is hungary lol x

Yea I thought it must be much creamier. Fussy little buggers haha. Pinkymum aparently C&G cant put their comfort milk in cartons beacause of the milk structure?! My friends LO is on it and she called the careline as she was looking everywhere for it :(

S
xx

Yeah I guessed because it was special milk it wouldn't be pre-made, it's probably a good thing, it would be too handy for me and it costs a fortune as it is

We use the cartons for out & about they're so handy. I also buy a few each week just incase im in a rush one day & dont have time to make a bottle but they normally just sit there (i like the thought of having them for a power cut or something) I do find LO is slightly more sicky when he has them but its normally only a wee bit.

:)

Hi Pinky Ive only seen the little cartons about 250 ml in them, it lasts chloe two feeds lol. Im in a similar position to you, chloes still on 4oz and wont budge lol!!! I only use cartons, out n about really very rare now as have a tin of SMA at my moms now too :) Plus if i keep too many cartons in stock, i start using them when im night feeding, very lazy haha but they do work out more but are great inventions! i know what you mean though as when chloe has the odd carton every now and then she drinks it so much quicker than powder and yeah looks creamier! fussy babies xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back