• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

who else is overdue?

I know a lot of people have a fear of hospitals but in the grand shceme of things u wont be in very long and altho ur OH wont be there overnight u will have ur phone and can txt/call him. U never know u may not be in overnight at all!

I don't think u should bottle things up.....OH needs to support u and therefore he needs to know how u feel so that he can try and understand and be there for u in the way u need him to be!xx

I guess so, I just don't want him worrying when he is working hard on 12 hour shifts. I cry to the dog instead!! :lol:
I think part of the problem is that I haven't seen the maternity unit so it is a fear of the unknown. I have read in the booklet that phones are not allowed, or the use of power points. I don't know what to expect or what to take with me! I am such a worrier I know, I need to think positive and hope that I won't be in long! xxx :pray:

I think most hospitals have that as a general rule (I work in one so I should know!) but I would take your mobile and charger as I'm pretty sure you'd be able to use it! If you were on monitoring equipment I would quickly check with the staff but I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue- a lot of staff have their mobiles on!!

I am a worrier too but I think the best way to deal with it is to accept what you're thinking and although it may sound wrong if u face up to your worse case scenario and be realistic about it then it should help to stop the worry (coz you're facing what it is you're worrying about if that makes sense? Worry is a way of avoiding what it is we're really thinking!) Just try and keep things in perspective hun and stay calm xxx

Thank you so much! I avoided thinking about the birth until a few weeks ago when it all started to feel a bit real!!! I know its for the best and it has to happen. I am so looking forward to meeting my wee baba! xxx

Eek! I woke up at 5 this morning with a pain and I think my waters have broke! I have been gradually leaking ever since! About to leave for the maternity unit to get checked. Excited but know I'll likely end up back home as at the moment I am not having contractions. Hope everyone is doing well today xxx

Oooo that's good hunny! Hope it's the start of things for u! Keep us posted if u can!xxx

How exciting Cupcake :) Hopefully bubs is on their way. Good luck - looking forward to an update :)

Went to the maternity unit to get checked and it is my waters, they monitorerd baby for a while and checked me over then sent me home about an hour later. Was starving so had a bacon sarnie and some cupcakes I made yesterday! Slept on and off for a wee while but I'm getting periody cramps which keep waking me up. Not contractions yet I don't think but soon maybe! I hope I manage to do this myself cos otherwise I am booked in for induction Saturday morning by drip because of the risk of infection. How is everyone else today? xxx

Hi girls.....not had the best day :-( Went to MW appointment expecting to see my lovely MW who I haven't seen since 32 weeks and it wasn't her. The MW I saw was nice enough and everything was fine unitl she did LO's heartbeat.....it was between 160 and 190 and she said I needed to go to day unit and get monitored...........so went over there with my mum and met OH......starting getting worried as on the monitor his hr was still 170+ but forutnately after 10-15 mins it settled down with a baseline of 150 and even went into the 130's for a bit! They were happy that he was fine and said it's prob coz he's been wriggling so much! All my obs and everything were fine. Got a mw appointment next tuesday where I can ask for a sweep if I want, then got to go back to day unit next friday (4th) where I will have a stretch and sweep and then plan is for induction at 42 weeks (6th) if needed. Been told to relax as much as poss!.............So relieved that they think LO is ok......didn't expect to end up at the hospital today! Glad to be home now and doing my best to be as chilled as poss!

Hope u get proper contractions soon cupcake xxx

That must have gave you a wee scare, glad everything is okay. When I was on the monitor this morning babys hr was around 140, and every time it wriggled it went to 160! They thought this was normal so it must rise when they move about. Lets hope things get moving for you soon but at least you have an idea of what to expect and when. Try to relax hun, after your stressful day! xxx

I was told between 140-160 is normal and it will go up when baby is active (just like our HR's would), I think it's more of a problem if there are marked decelerations so I was pleased there weren't any of those! My little man likes to create a little bit of drama from time to time! xx

Ouch! Pains have started this evening and are about 10 mins apart. Just breathing through it and using my iphone app to time them. Scared!

Good luck cupcake, I'm sure you'll do just great, keep calm and hoping for a smooth delivery for you and safe arrival of babe x d

Just seen your update from last night cupcake, sounds like things were moving forward well for u which is great (no drip!) really hope u have ur LO by end of the day xxx

I guess theres not too many of us left on this thread!! I'm still waititng - think I lost my plug this morning and still getting period pains....trying not to get my hopes up. Having a sweep on Monday so now its just a waiting game! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back