Whilst giving birth...

I had my nighty on too. It's something I worried about too but you really don't give a hoot about who's looking at what once your in labour! :lol:

i was naked, i'd prefer not to be really but the MW stripped me off when i was in too much pain to object LOL. it didnt matter really tho coz i was at home there was only 2 MWs and DF looking at me!

I was totally naked but apparently I stripped off myself as I was too hot :lol: I am very shy about my body but obviously didnt care when I was in labour :wink:

Of course you don't have to be naked :lol:

By the time I got to the middy unit I was 6cm dilated and as soon as the middy examined me, she looked horrified and ran the pool. I whipped off all my clothes, yelled "NO DIGNITY LEFT!" and jumped in.

Oh yes and I shat everywhere. Nice little bits of diarrheoa! WooooOOOOooo!

I was worried about this too as im shy about getting naked! Everyone said to me "you wont care - you'll just get naked!" and the thought made me cringe! I had a water birth and wore a vest top the whole time and i was quite happy with that!
Afterwards tho the midwifes did help get me out of the wet vest top and into dry clothes and by then i wasnt too bothered!

hospital gown :D

Honestly, once labour begins leave your diginty at the door! You really won't care what you have on!
But of course hun, you can say what you want to wear :hug:

i had a nighty and shorts on at first, then when my waters had broke i left the shorts off.. then all through labour my nighty would get shorter and shorter as the midwife kept pulling it up :lol:
then I had clips put onto leahs head and that was when i couldn't give a $h!t anymore.. I had 4 doctors looking down there with my legs in stirrups and half the bed taken away :rotfl:
Then they changed me into a hospital gown with the back that would never stay closed :evil: :evil:
and eventually i had forceps and retained placenta so had EIGHT (!) doctors looking at my bits at the same time while my legs were in stirrups again :lol: :lol:
After all that... internal exams and smears are the easiest thing ever, I just whip my pants off now and let them get on with it :rotfl:

I wore a t-shirt when giving birth to james on a bed.

With logan I had a water birth and was naked. I couldn't care less at the time though! I would have been too hot with a top on and it would have been annoying being wet.

With my 1st 2 kids I had a big baggy nighty on but with Nathan coming so quick I still had OHs work top on cos it was the only thing that fit me in the end and i never had a chance to change. Good job it was black, lol!

I wore shorts and a vest. I only took the shorts off when I started to push. Although the cord was round DD's neck so got rushed to theatre only to find an old (male) friend of my parents was the one who had to pull DD out with his forceps!!

I said that i would never ever give birth naked. I wore a hospital gown. but did get sooo hot (i can see why people do strip off) i had a massive fan blasting at me and OH and midwife flapping me with books and hand held fans. i cant belive how hot you get! after giving birth to Theo i remember asking OH if my hair looked ok and feeling upset becuace it was sweaty and had become a bit matted. lol (i have a thing about my hair),,, hehe labour is awful but when you look back its sooo funny!

i'm hoping for a waterbirth and i plan on wearing a bikini top.
i dont think its neccessary for the 2 midwives to be getting a look at me boobies really. And will wear a dressing gown if i need to come out the pool.

I had a homebirth with water but I still wasn't comfortable being naked in front of the midwives and my mum so I ended up having my whole labour in the water wearing just a tankini top and I took it off right before she came out so that she could be placed directly onto my chest for the skin to skin contact. I had a dressing gown ready for me as soon as she was taken off I got out of the pool

I had a nightie and socks on throughout. As soon as my son was out the midwife tucked him inside my nightie so we got skin to skin without me being naked :D

The hospital gave me a gown to put on, i have to say at the time i couldnt have given a toss.
All i was really aware of was that i had diorreah(sp) and she was having to wipe me all the time, midddy never said a word about it tho

*Rainbow* said:
Everyone ive seen (videos) of women giving birth thy have been naked.. (obv on the bottom.. but i mean top too)..
i know its an odd question, but is that mandatory?!
i know i won't care once im giving birth.. but i can honestly say i dont want to..! lol

x x
hi there |I am new to this........just in reply to your question.....I was worried about this too but the MW's were lovely and even when I wasnt aware covered me to save any embarrasment ...............what stage are u at?

debecca said:
Of course you don't have to be naked :lol:

By the time I got to the middy unit I was 6cm dilated and as soon as the middy examined me, she looked horrified and ran the pool. I whipped off all my clothes, yelled "NO DIGNITY LEFT!" and jumped in.

Oh yes and I shat everywhere. Nice little bits of diarrheoa! WooooOOOOooo!

Brilliant :rotfl: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back