Which Pregnacare?

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies, back here again following an early MC just a week after my BFP. :cry:

I'm considering using Pregnacare this cycle as hubby and I want a relaxed approach but I'm keen to use something that will help vitamin wise etc.

Am not going to be charting, CM spotting or doing ovulation tests so Agnus Castus will be sat in my cupboard for a while longer, hopefully won't need it.

I've been looking at the different Pregnacare packs, interested in the duo for both hubby and me but not sure what's best?

Also, can you take Pregnacare throughout the cycle or do you need to stop at ovulation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. x x

Hiya hun, so sorry ur back here :-(
DH takes his own vits so I take the pregnacare conception. U can take it all the way through ur cycle so wud be ideal for u if ur not charting ur OV.
I find it good... have really noticed a diff with my hair!
On the funny side, it can make ur pee flourescent yellow! There was a thread about it on here before... all to do with ur body disspelling excess vits :)

Hey Miss J,

You can take pregnacare all the time.

xx

Been taking Pregnacare for 2 weeks now and was so wondering why my pee had suddenly turned bright yellow. Never connected it to the tablets tho. At least it's nothing sinister. :)

Lolol @ Bright yellow Pee... I was in the Same boat and was wondering what the heck I've been eating!! Just didn't put it down to Pregnacare!! That made me giggle as I thought I was turning into an alien!!

Hey hunny - I know there is a special TTC Pregnacare pack but I took the Pregnacare plus Omega-3 double pack right through TTC and will continue to do so until I stop bf (I might stop taking them in the middle of Tri-2 for a few weeks since their effects then are doubtful).

I took these during TTC because its advisable you ramp up your vitamin/omega3/folic acid levels in time for conception, not after, since most birth defects involving the brain or spine (which is what Pregnacare helps to prevent) develop in the first 4 weeks of pregnancy.

So I guess it depends on whether you expect problems TTC and need a helping hand (in which case take the TTC pack), or whether you are more concerned about the vitamins once you get your BFP (in which case take the pregnancy dual pack on the next cycle).

Hope this helps xxx

There's the pre-conception one, for TTC, but I took the pregnacare original.
No problems apart from the fact it made me extremely late for a period :/ So I stopped taking them, I got my hopes up and thought I was pregnant, but after looking on a pregnancy forum, I found out that pregnacare had also delayed other women's AF's and then a few days later my AF arrived. I've still got the pregnacare tablets, I think I only got through one pack, but I'm happy with my agnus castus (and these's tablets are much smaller compared to the pregnacare one's). I hate huge tablets!!

But if you're fine taking tablets then go for it :) I'd recommend anyone really, entirely up to you! xxx

Thanks everyone.

I think I'll have a chat with hubby and see what his opinion is. I think I'd rather give the Agnus Castus a go but without OPKs, I'd be lost and unable to finish them etc.

Hmm. I don't like the idea of AF being delayed, my cycles are already unpredictable and lengthy. Oh well, back to the drawing board. :(

x x

Both me and hubby take the pregnacare conception the his & hers variety x been taken them for 4 mnths now no side effects except the flourescent wee wees!!

They all complete vitamins and everyone ttc should be on vitamins due to spinal defects in the 1st 4wks of pregnancy!
I take Angus cactus alongside pregnacare up until ov x
We also tried preseed this month too x

i have not noticed them delaying my periods hun....you really should get folic acid into you though whichever way you decide to go xx

great thread as i have been wondering too which folic acid to take. should i start taking the pregnacare conception now or wait til my d&c next week? and whats the angus cactus and wen do u take that? x

i was advised to just keep taking it..even during miscarriage as it can only help get your body ready..xx

i love them cos they sort my IBS right out....it's like a miracle cure!! ha ha xx

really? thats great if ur ibs has gone wonder what other perks the pregnacare has? biggest perk being we all have sticky healhy babies super quick!

well i got my bfp quick...just didnt stick that time....hopefully next time for both of us eh? well quite a few of us this month sadly..march been a poo month......xx

yeah didnt take me long to get pg either, but as soon as i found out i just didnt feel settled like something was wrong, they say u just know tho dont they? i didnt have any sickness and nausea no cravings or gone off any food and smell, slightly tender boobs but not really and not weeing loads so thats probs why. i bet next time il be sick loads and weeing and hating smells and allsorts! be worth all of it x

yeah i didnt have many symptoms...but either did my mum so i wasnt too concerned....although i did have some dizzy spells a couple of weeks ago...but looking back it was possibly when things were going wrong....but yeah next time i hope i am as sick as a dog....lol..no not really, but im gonna be a real worrier next time. but what will be will be.......xx

That's really interesting about the IBS, Samsgirl. I've suffered from it for years, the past few being really bad. Had all the tests - even a colonoscopy. All clear, thankfully, but I've noticed since I started taking folic acid in September my IBS has been so much better. I've hardly had any serious bouts. Unfortunately the only way to test whether folic acid is making a difference is to stop taking it, which I can't at the moment because of ttc. Does anyone know whether it's ok to take folic acid even if you're not ttc? Will it do you any harm? I hope not because I think I'll stick with it even if I stop ttc. I might check with my doctor next time I see her.

yeah definately. i booked to o to take that and a dstival as i forgot about ttc and then got bfp! so think il book a holiday or inaapropriate concert or wknd away and it will happen again, sods law!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back