Which nappies for newborn baby boy???

MissThing

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am going to stock up nappies, but I have no idea which ones to buy.
Which ones are better for newborn boys, and how much do I have to stock up in a first size?

Hi carina,

There is no good or bad nappy for you baby and being a boy shouldnt make any choice in the brand that you pick.
Being the mum of a 3 yr old boy it was very trail and error with him on nappies that worked the best and were the best value for money.
I have to confess that i used pampers on him as a newborn but once he started growing the fit werent that great on him so moved him onto tesco newborns which were great and had no accidents at all. But after trying nearly every brand of nappy going hes back in pampers now becasue their absorbancy levels can cope with the amount he pees lol.

But back to tescos nappies, I went out yesterday and bought some more tesco NB size 2 as im assuming that the b aby will be 6lb plus.But im confident that the nappies will be fine and for 47 nappies for £3.85 I think i got a bargain.
If they dont work then try another brand till you find the right ones.

the cheap ones are fine for newborns i wouldnt get pricy ones

when they are older they need good ones as they wet through loads

i use pampers active fitnow

when they were babies i used own brands tesco asda etc

I agree with Dionne...I used morrisons, pampers and huggies as newborn all were fine its as he gets bigger i need the abosrbancy but it often seems to depend on the shape and fit for your son

I found all of the brands ok when Jake was newborn but as he has got older I have to be a bit more choosy so that he doesn't leak overnight.

I used Boots own brand, they were really good, alaways on some sort of offer and you get advantage points!
Every 6 weeks or so we'd go on a big shop and get all our nappies/wipes etc off our points we'd got :dance:

I've only used tesco since austin was born and they were great until recently I've noticed if he has a dirty nappy it quite often escapes out the side/back.

I've been experimenting recently, Pampers active seem quite good, I haven't been impressed with Huggies at all (but that's a separate post :x ). I think tesco are great to begin with, and so cheap!

i have tried all leading brands but have found that tesco are the best, especially the newborn ones as they are really soft and have a part of the filling removed for the umbilical clip so doesnt squash it like other nappies. hope this helps

Sainsburys or Asda newborn nappies work fine for George. I have had a few problems with leaks using Huggies for him. Pampers are good but, in my opinion, not worth the extra money at this stage.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back