which is correct about camomile tea?

KJ

Reaction score
Oh, it's sooo confusing!!

I've changed to drinking camomile tea since I found out I was pregnant as I thought, right, I'm having no caffeine at all, I'll drink that tea.

But now I've been doing some reading and have discovered that it's not reccommended during pregnancy? However, some people say it's ok.

What do you guys think?

Is there anything we can safely drink on a regular basis as an alternative to tea/coffee?

xxx

you can drink some caffiene - I think it is up to 4 cups a day....

I went a bit mad before Christmas when doing the shopping. I figured I would normally spend around £20 on wine/ alcohol over Christmas, so why should I not spend some money on lots of nice soft drinks instead.

So I got:
  • 3 varieties of fuit juice (cranberry, exotic mix and orange)
    2 bottle of Ame - grape and apricot and blackberry and something - delicious!
    some J20's
    Cranberry flavoured cordial
    robinsons apple and blackberry squash
    lemonade

Have been spoilt for choice all over Christmas.... need to remember to bring something into work as I am craving fruit juice at the moment and all they have is water or tea/ coffee

Whats supposedly wrong with camomile tea then?? Ive been drinking it!

A lot of the pregnancy sites recommend camomile tea to help sleep and with nausea during pregnancy, so I think it muct be safe. Camomile oil should be avaoided in the first 3 months acording to my aromotherapy book, but the tea I think is a different part of the plant.

I don't know what's wrong with it, I can't seem to find that bit of information!

It's made from the flowers I think. I quite like it.

Just wondering whether anyone else had heard anything for or against?

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't think of decaffeinated tea (doh!).
xxx

KJ said:
Oh, it's sooo confusing!!

I've changed to drinking camomile tea since I found out I was pregnant as I thought, right, I'm having no caffeine at all, I'll drink that tea.

But now I've been doing some reading and have discovered that it's not reccommended during pregnancy? However, some people say it's ok.

What do you guys think?

Is there anything we can safely drink on a regular basis as an alternative to tea/coffee?

xxx

how did it go at the doctors?

Rooibosch or red bush tea is supposed to be good during pregnancy. It helps regulate your iron levels or something lol. I like it, and it's the closest herbal tea to normal tea.

I've had camomile tea, I can't see why it would be bad for you in moderation?

I like the rooibos tea personally, especially the Twinings one. It takes a little getting used to but is a good substitute!

My doctor isn't at the surgery till monday, so I've booked an appointment first thing in the morning.

I figured then I'll be officially late and will probably have done about a thousand HPTs (well, maybe not quite that many!). She's really nice, so I'm hoping I'll get lots of information and answers to my many questions!!

Thanks for all the alternative tea suggestions, they've been really helpful.

xxx

Peppermint Tea is great for morning sickness! That and rich teas.

Chamomile tea is safe as it's far weeker than the oil etc which must be avoided.

Will have to dig out my coursebooks to find out exactly why. (Did an aromatherapy and massage course)

This is a great site about herbs and pregnancy
http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pregnancy_herbs.html

thanks everyone.

Psycofalcon, that site is really helpful, many thanks.

How are you getting on?

xxx

Well I think the sharp pain I've been having was wind :shock:

Never had it before but I out did the hubby and dog and feel better now :rotfl:

My Boobs are so sore tho I feel like they should be covered in bubblewrap.

How bizarre that you still haven't had a BFP!

Do you know how many days post ov you are at the moment?

xxx

I OVed on 28th November :shock:

So at least 5 weeks. Oh my where is that BFP?

I ALWAYS have AF 12 days after OVing no matter how ill or stressed I am.
Instead just got brown discharge for a few days. :wall:

they should SO be scanning you asap!!

Keep us updated.

xxx

I know - longer the wait the more :wall: I am.

Will do. Hope to be posting in this part of the forum ofically soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back