which is cheaper?

trixipaws

Reaction score
i thought soon i might feel ready 2 go out 2 the cinema or something without my baby, but i cant until i buy some bottles in case she gets hungry whle i'm not with her.
obviously my options are to buy either a breastpump to express, or some formula. if theres not much in it ill express, coz millie loves my milk! but if its too expensive i might try formula. i'v heard cheap pumps are hard to use and break easily, is this true?
once i'v decided i'll be asking either how 2 express or which formula 2 buy, but thats another topic lol.
thanx in advance

well you have the one off cost of a pump.. and you can buy a cheapie one off ebay, i just got mine off there and its great.. and if you decide to use formula whilst your out then you have the cost of £6-£6.50 for a tin.. a tin lasts 4 weeks open and if your not planning on using formula then you could waste loads of it.. so i think buy a pump and express it.. better for bubs as well :hug: .

although i have a pump and really want to try and not use fomular you can buy little cartons for one offs they are under £1 - for one offs if your not keen on expressing just grab a carton..

lisa&alex said:
although i have a pump and really want to try and not use fomular you can buy little cartons for one offs they are under £1 - for one offs if your not keen on expressing just grab a carton..

That's what I was gonna say - can get them in Boots and most places, like ready made cartons - I've bought a couple in for the early days in case breastfeeding doesn't happen very well, and I think mine were about 50p each.

Do you have a surestart near you . our local surestart sells breast pumps for £20 that should be £50.

I have used manual pump and electric and would choose electric every time as it is less hard on the nipples. It depends how often you are planning to express once in a blue moon i'd get a manaul, but anymore than that i would plump for electric.

just a piece of advice aswell..if you do decide to do forumal do a trial run before you go out make sure he'll take the bottle and the formual

I got5 a new avent pump off ebay for £6 trixie, so you could try there. Apperently cheapie non branded pumps are no good and will engorge your boobs (so i have been told)
Why not try hand expressing and saee how it goes, if not you could try a pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back