which is better (please help =[)

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Which is better for piles :oops: cream or suppository?

Ive been using a cream but it only helps for a few hours- i think it is only a cream to numb the pain, not to make them go

I am going to buy something else tomorrow as it is now soooooooooooooooooooooo painful to go to the loo and for a while after :( I think it is internal because i cant feel anything abnormal (sorry :puke: )

I am not exactly thrilled by the idea of shoving something up my bum but I am getting to the point where I will if I have to, but if the cream is just as effective I would rather use one of theose instead.

I don't know which is best but I would agree use anything that helps heal them, though I think once you have them they never really 'go', they just retract back inside :? So maybe a supository will help soothe them and they'll stay soothed? I think you should go see GP or mention it to your HV just to be sure its nothing more serious, this may help too;
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... lth/piles/
:hug: :hug: :hug:

suppository (sp?) - seemed to last a lot longer :D

suppository (sp?) - seemed to last a lot longer :D

Suppositories worked for me. I would advise piutting a bit of lubricant on the end before inserting though.

Hi,
I used anusol an that worked really well for me. You do have to use it after each time you have been to the toilet to make it work properly for pain relief and to make them shrink. I used i for 2 weeks and although sometimes I still get some pain, its no half as bad as before. Might find it helps to rock while your doing one :lol: that really helps ease it out lol tmi sorry. (now you know my toilet habits :moon: lol)

The suppository helped when I had them with my first. I agree about putting some cream or vaseline on it first before inserting though :?

If they are stubborn go to your GP to get something else... don't be embarrassed .. they probably won't even need to examine you. :)

Oh, and you might find it helpful to take a stool softener whilst you have the piles. I have used Lactolose (also called Regulose) which I found really good. It works quickly too. :)

Hope you feel better soon
:hug:

Sabrina said:
The suppository helped when I had them with my first. I agree about putting some cream or vaseline on it first before inserting though :?

If they are stubborn go to your GP to get something else... don't be embarrassed .. they probably won't even need to examine you. :)

Oh, and you might find it helpful to take a stool softener whilst you have the piles. I have used Lactolose (also called Regulose) which I found really good. It works quickly too. :)

Thank you, can you get regulose over the counter or at the supermarket?

I have been using supositories (and putting some lube on them!) and they do work really well. Going to the loo is not nearly as painful as it was. Oh and 'inserting' them is not nearly as bad as I imagined, infact you cant feel them once they are in :D

Hi Natalie,

yes, you can get Regulose or Lactalose over the counter in most pharmacies, I got mine in Sainsbury's in store pharmacy. They do a regular one or a flavoured one. I got the flavoured one and it tastes like plum.

Be careful with the dosage though as it says you can take up to 6 teaspoons a day. :roll: I took just 3 and it...well... let's just say it worked VERY well. :lol:

Sabrina said:

Thank you, can you get regulose over the counter or at the supermarket?

I have been using supositories (and putting some lube on them!) and they do work really well. Going to the loo is not nearly as painful as it was. Oh and 'inserting' them is not nearly as bad as I imagined, infact you cant feel them once they are in :D

Hi Natalie,

yes, you can get Regulose or Lactalose over the counter in most pharmacies, I got mine in Sainsbury's in store pharmacy. They do a regular one or a flavoured one. I got the flavoured one and it tastes like plum.

Be careful with the dosage though as it says you can take up to 6 teaspoons a day. :roll: I took just 3 and it...well... let's just say it worked VERY well. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back