Which double pram is best?

kellie80

Reaction score
Gonna start deciding on my pram soon but haven't had any experiance with a double pram. Just wondering what you guys think is easier to push and use, a twin or a tandem as Aimee will only be 13 months old when new baby is here. Need something light and small that will fit in the car boot, if that possible.

I've been thinking about this too. Am seriously considering the Phil and Teds as I've read a bundle of very good reviews of it, even though it looks a bit weird!

ive got a tandam and a side by side, my side by side is much lighter and easier 2 push than my other one the only problem with a side by side is you cant get into shops propley

sarahxx

I ad been looking at the phil and tted one too, it has the added benefit of the baby seat that goes behind can lie completly flat, which most double buggies dont do, and then it can be converted to just a single buggy when the older one grows out of it so you dont need to then get a second buggy

Thanks girls! Thats my worry with the twin pram, getting into shops or not being able to fit through the checkout. Where can you get that phil and ted one?

I have a side by side one. Im paranoid about one baby being left out in favour of the other so decided a side by side was best then they were both together. It was off of ebay, new, and was about 110 quid. Is described as a jogging stroller and looks quite comfy.

I also have a litaf seated buggy board and a coorie pouch should I need to go out somewhere where the single pram only is practical.

I think its going to be trial and error, not that I can really afford it but thats why I bought a relatively cheap pram and if I really am not going to use it then I can re sell it.

I reason I am more erring towards the phil and teds is incase I am out walking, one or the other falls asleep and then I can just wheel the pram straight into my house (I have a narrow front door that goes straight into the front room). If I get a side by side I will have to take the babies out of it outside, probably waking them up. Plus I live on a main road and am scared about putting a side by side up outside and then getting both babies in if you know what I mean?

Kellie you can get the phil and teds from www.kiddicare.co.uk and mothercare etc.

Thats the one i'm thinking of Sarah! seen it this morning when i was looking on kiddiecare for that phil and ted one, which is well out of my price range :cry: . It looks almost the size of a normal buggy!

Phil and Teds is expensive, I'm hoping to get some help from my mum/Matt's mum towards it.

I think it depends on the ages of your little ones, if you have twins a side by side is better but the phil and ted is good for kids of different ages cause you will prob only require a double buggy for a few months, then your eldest will be walking and it can then be converted into a single. The baby gets to snuggle into the bottom bit nice and confined which babies tend to find more secure and lay flat, while the older child is sitting up front and able to look around.

I definatly prefer the twin ones cos feel sorry for the baby at the back in the tandem ones but i know they are to wide. Measured my door today and the smallest one i could find was 73cm and it would only just scrape through the door. Looks like a tandem for me then!

I definately prefer twin buggies but with tthe width of door frames, and going through shopping eiles is hard enough in a single buggy, let alone a double! Tandem look so big and heavy, that or they are way out of the price range, I guess I'll have to see much nearer the time (when I actually get pg etc lol). With the chance I'll have a premmie, the twin buggies might not be padded or lie flat enough. :think:

i have a twin and although i have only been using it for 8 days i have taken the kids into town etc only place i really had problems was in the chemist but that was more because beth was trying to grab everything off the shelves than the buggy itself :roll: :lol: i got mine off ebay cost me about £80 i think :think: and its 73cm and at a squeeze it fits through my front door :cheer: i really dont like the idea of the tandem i dont know why though just something about them :?

i saw a woman out with a phil and ted the other day and my initial thought was how low down the back part was and the thought of dirt being kicked up, dust blown on baby by the wind etc :? i dont think i would be able to put either of my two into one of those i think i would constantly be stopping to check they were ok :? maybe i just worry too much :rotfl:

iv got a side by side mamas and papas one its good but i never really use it i dont like the phill and teds one i feel sorry for the baby nearly on the floor not being able to see much and all the dust ect. the one i have its the lightest double on the market. pricey though

Hi

I have a daughter who is going to be 24 months so I wanted a double buggy but they were all huge. But I have found this one in a shop. It looks the same size as a normal pushchair but it seats to and is fantastic. Just ordered mine but here it is one ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-COSATTO ... dZViewItem

Copy and Paste Link. It is really good for two young children.

Hannah XX

Actually sorry, I ment to show you all this, cause its what I will probably be getting, that way i can still use my existing buggy, there is very little added weight and when Noah wants to walk around and not sit in the buggy I can fold it up, its tiny and space saving and looks the best idea so far. Because face it none of us are actualy going to need a double for very long. http://www.twinsthings.co.uk/buggypod.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back