Which dates do you go by?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Was wondering which dates you are all going by?

Doctors always calculate your dates from the date of your last period, but for those of us monitoring our ovulation we know that these dates are a little early.

So do you use the dates from when you last ovulated or the dates from your last period?

Also if you use the dates of your last period does are you calculating your first trimester at 14 weeks rather than the usual 12 weeks?

Not sure if this makes sense now I have read it back, hopefully someone out there will be on the same wavelength. Tee hee!!

I haven't had any periods for ages and ages because of PCOS, so i'm doing it from a week after my last negative test, which was 5 weeks ago.
I guess I'll just have to wait till my first scan to find out for certain :roll:

i guess its easier to take the date from your last period as thats when the doctors and midwifes go by.
12 weeks is 12 weeks from last period regardless

I'm going from the date I think I conceived but adding on the 2 weeks prior to this which should have been when I had my period but because of very irregular periods and a negative pregnancy test which could have been a false negative, I have to wait until my scan to be certain.

i calcutlated mine from 1st day of last period (july 2nd) and plugged it into due date predictors on the websites. Thats gave me april 7th. But my doctor subtracted 3 months and added a week giving me april 9th. I didnt want to be 2 days behind plus 7 is our lucky number so im sticking with 7th april!

But seeing as my periods can be months apart or 2 weeks apart i dont think that counts for anything!

9th april is actually my OH's birthday and he says he wants his birthday first before the baby steals his limelight lol :lol:

yeh i do the same as the docs...from start of last period

Same as the docs - and that is also the same as the hospital scans. My dates were spot on with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back