where to buy baby items

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies just a quick question - where did you all buy your baby items from?
because i made a list that came to £100 ( that was just for bedding and some bath stuff) for babies r us.com. but i saw my bros pregnant gf and she said she brought her bedding from primark and it was alot cheaper eg blanket for £2 .
whats the difference?
will the quality from babies r us be better then primark?
xnatx

Can't answer your question exactly about quality, but have you looked at www.kiddicare.com ?

They do everything, I've only bought larger items from them to be honest, but their prices are very good and it looks like they've got a sale on at the moment!

Have fun shopping!

I don't really know those two stores very well at all but I do generally believe you get what you pay for and one that is of a higher price might generally (not always!) be a better quality, check things like the thread count in the sheets, if the £2 is only a 200 count and the ones in Babies R Us are a 600 count then you know your getting a x3 better product. Certain things are worth making savings on, other things I'd tend to say not, i.e. the cot matress etc. Remember also cheaper sheets etc tend to loose shape and shrink when washed...just little things to remember.

There are a lot of avid primark shoppers on the forum though I'm sure they will fill you in regards their quality and reliability etc.

Babies are us are really good for bedding, i found the bundles good value and they didn't/haven't shrunk or anything

i wanted to know the same thing before Oliver was born,

from my experience i bought:

cot sheets - matalan - 2 pack £6
cot bed size fleece - matalan - £4 (in sale)
cot set bumper etc - Babies R Us - £29.99 (in sale)
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...seryRanges/BruNurseryRangesWhooshPlane/358347

but as Nicola said it is worth buying a good cot mattress, i bought Oliver a sprung, foam one from boots in sale again http://www.boots.com/shop/product_d...1003730&classificationid=1034723&slmRefer=000 , what i'd say is shop around and dont impulse buy wait for a sale to come up and buy then ( hard i know :D )

we got a lot of our stuff from matalan, tesco, asda etc and a shop down here called trago mills (cheaper stuff like primark) i have to say its all fantastic and i have had no problems.

i would also say that we used babies r us for our cot and mattress and bath equipment. we also got our travel system from there.

we got out nursery wardrobe and chest of drawers from argos.

to be honest babies aren't in anything too long to worry about it wearing anyway.

thank you ladies so much you. your all really good help. i wouldnt buy a cheap matteress ( no way) that would be a hazard. just the bedding and the baby gros and vests. because before i look the baby would of grown out of them, and ill be up the shops again.
thank uz :wink:
xnatx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back