where should i get my rememberance tattoo?

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
I sort of wanted LOTS of different opinions on this so stuck it in pregnancy chat :)

i am getting a dragonfly tattoo in memory of my little girl and i am debating where to have it

my initial thought was on my arm, at the top. My mum is SO upset with that idea but i am not adverse to it...

then i thought my leg, i dont really get my legs out often so it would be hidden but do i want it hidden (it will be a lovely tattoo)

Or somewhere else? Please bear in mind i am a size 18 so it would need to not be anyway too splodgy coz i dont intend on staying this big forever :)

any thoughts? xx

I don't really like tattoos on the top of the arm personally I like them on the wrist tho! How big is the dragonfly going to be?

its going to be a good size, i dont like small tattoos as over time they tend to turn splodgy and you cant get alot of detail into a small one

I have one in the bottom middle of my back which I love, but I know they can be seen as abit 'slaggy' there but I think it's more what you have and how you carry yourself

hmmm back... i had another idea for a tattoo on my back but i might reconsider ;)

i think i am going to go for the top of the arm after all... it just feels 'right' to have it there and i dont want it hidden really

Yeah Personally not a fan of them on arms for girls, I have mine on my tummy, To the right of my bellybutton , The top of my leg on my tigh, My full back up to my bra line and the side of my calf on my right leg and to be honest while i love it the one on my lower leg i do regret the location at times as it is on show even in nice knee length skirts in work ( which is frowned upon) and say at weddings and stuff, But its down to personal choice, to me they were each personal and meaningfull to me so I didnt care if no one ever seen them,

You could get them to give you a few copies of the stensil and try it on a few areas and see what you think works best for you .

Would love to see your design though.

Hope your coping ok I think its a lovely idea to always remember her XXX

its my ex-boyfriend (and very good friend) whose doing it, there will be no stencil all freehand

Can you get a rough size and shape maybe just a shillouette just to play with?

i think you should have it across your heart xxx

I was also going to suggest across or even close to your heart. A friend of mine lost her best friend last year and she got a nice dragonfly tattoo with her friends name flowing underneath it. She had it put across the top of her chest area and it looks really lovely and can be seen when she wants it to be seen and hidden at other times.

hmmm... chest... hadnt thought of that - will bear it in mind thanks ladies xx

Ankle or foot are nice places. :) It sounds like a lovely idea that you are doing btw.x

awww thanks, i am so glad its Rich doing it. He means alot to me and well... lets just say during our relationship he tried to show me how healing pain could be (yes its as dodgy as it sounds) and i totally didnt get it. But i think i do now and i think this is the perfect end to the whole thing. Above anything i feel like its all 'gone' so quickly, i made that baby over a period of 23 weeks and in a couple of days she was gone... This tattoo will last forever and i cannot tell you how good that feels.

I love tattoos on the top of the foot too or the bottom of the back.

I have a tattoo right around the top of my arm which I sometimes really regret having (like on my wedding day) but mine was a silyl teenage decision, not something that means so much like yours x

Your back or the back of your shoulder? That's usually where angel wings are so it could be symbolic at the same time? Sorry if that's a suckish idea!

Your wrist/ankle is a lovely place too xxx

Last edited:
I think a tattoo is a lovely idea. I have one for my brother who passed away and I have it on my wrist because there is a pulse there and that is linked to your heart (i hope that makes sense). It means alot and is a great way to remember someone special.
I also think foot or ankle are nice places xx

I like the idea of tummy, foot, wrist or shoulder.

Tummy because of bump :hug:
Foot because she has left a big foot print in your heart.
Wrist is somewhere you'll always see.
Shoulder - I like the angel idea someone suggested.

xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back