Where to go...anywhere in the country??

jennywren

Reaction score
hi girls,

Im planing on going away for a few days in April with DS and OH for their Birthdays, DS will be 2 and I wanted to go somewhere where I can take him somewhere cool on the Sat but no idea where??

I remember AGES ago seeing Urchin discover some place by her that she didnt know what their and said the boys loved it - Urchin do yuo remember where it was?

Anyone else any ideas, only place I found so far is Dinosaur land in Pembrokeshire, but looks a bit rubbish lol, I'll go anywhere in the country as long as I can find somewhere decent and not too expensive to stay, so can you all hit me with your ideas please ladies.

Thanking you very muchly :D

Well, Pembrokeshire itself rocks. You could go to Skomer Island for a spot of puffin (and other birds) watching and seal spotting, Newgale has the most beautiful beach in the world, there are plenty of castles to snoop around in, you can walk bits of the Pembrokeshire coast path, it's so lovely. I want to go again.

widowwadman said:
Well, Pembrokeshire itself rocks. You could go to Skomer Island for a spot of puffin (and other birds) watching and seal spotting, Newgale has the most beautiful beach in the world, there are plenty of castles to snoop around in, you can walk bits of the Pembrokeshire coast path, it's so lovely. I want to go again.

ooo so maybe I didnt Pick a lemon.

Thanks hun x

my bro lives around the new forest which i think is a lovely area and so much to do, great places to camp or stay in chalets, we stayed at a place called sandy balls near fjordingbridge which was ace :lol: , its central for places like longleat safari park and marwell zoo. 2 great days out and many more also.

Thanks rusks, Im off for a look see now, think might just have to stay there because of the name lol Sandy Balls ha ha. :hug:

Foxxi......I most certainly am not back, I thought I would come back and say Hi and ask a question and seen as there are tons and tons of people on PF daily I would get a fair few responses. As is happens, it seems the folk at PF clearly either all live in the middle of a field with no where to go around them ( :roll: ) or they only enjoy posting the same mundane boring crap or the same sh!t stirring, gossiping pointless threads as before, (incidently the reason me & at least 3 other regular members left), or a third possibility is that due to the fact im not a "regular" anymore then i'm not worth replying to as i'm no ones "friend" which is a really nice way for caring mothers to act if this is the case! No surprise there really, Ill see ya on Facebook my foxxi little bitch :lol:

Goodbye and thanks to the 2 that replied I appreciate you giving me the information :hug:

:shock: OOeeeer I spent ages looking through my DS old scrap books finding you places we had taken DS to as a LO, some great ideas if I do say so myself

:shakehead: Not too impressed by the sweeping generalisation about posters on here so wish I hadnt bothered.

Anyone wants a list PM me

If i knew where abouts you lived i could have helped.But just mainly for the north west.I always thought everyone on here was really nice but hey ya never know.

sueken said:
If i knew where abouts you lived i could have helped.But just mainly for the north west.I always thought everyone on here was really nice but hey ya never know.

It doesn't matter where she lives though does it? The title of the thread includes the phrase 'anywhere in the country'......

.....Jen - I'll fb ya with some ideas! :D

:?

This place is great and there other things to do in Poole. Not sure age of your kids but last time I went there were kids of all ages. The flumes are great and there is a river that starts up near the roof and you go down lots of "waterfalls" whilst sitting in a big rubber ring.
http://www.visitorworld.co.uk/linkout.p ... raction=87

jennywren said:
I most certainly am not back, I thought I would come back and say Hi and ask a question and seen as there are tons and tons of people on PF daily I would get a fair few responses. As is happens, it seems the folk at PF clearly either all live in the middle of a field with no where to go around them ( :roll: ) or they only enjoy posting the same mundane boring crap or the same sh!t stirring, gossiping pointless threads as before, (incidently the reason me & at least 3 other regular members left), or a third possibility is that due to the fact im not a "regular" anymore then i'm not worth replying to as i'm no ones "friend" which is a really nice way for caring mothers to act if this is the case! No surprise there really

Christ Jen! Love you babe, but any need for that?

I didn't even initially read your thread as my knowledge of England is bullsh*t so knew I couldn't help you, but was glad to see your name pop up. Really sad to see you posted the above as I don't think it was called for, Foxxi was only asking if you were back? Even if you were p*ssed off no-one had replied, was there any need to post the above when you had come on to ask a question despite not being a 'regular' any more?

I hope you and Oran and OH have a lovely holiday! You had a fab time abroad last April, so hope you have an equally fab time in U.K. Incidentally, have you checked if you have any Tesco Clubcard vouchers to cash in? You can use them for free entry to loads of English attractions/safari parks/kiddie friendly day outs etc?

Valentine Xxx

OMG I'm so sorry for going on on Wednesday night and not replying to your thread within your apparent time limit.
I was just about to post about my experiences in Pembrokeshire and other places, but now I read your recent post I won't bother.

new forest is fantastic - loads to see, cheap to stay. lots of "petting" farms for kids, theme parks, and the new forest ponies, shetlands and donkies to see. Got lymington/christchurch/bournemouth/poole down the road so you can do a boat trip etc.
great place to visit.

jennywren said:
As is happens, it seems the folk at PF clearly either all live in the middle of a field with no where to go around them ( :roll: ) or they only enjoy posting the same mundane boring crap or the same sh!t stirring, gossiping pointless threads as before, (incidently the reason me & at least 3 other regular members left), or a third possibility is that due to the fact im not a "regular" anymore then i'm not worth replying to as i'm no ones "friend" which is a really nice way for caring mothers to act if this is the case! No surprise there really,

well you are more then welcome to pitch a tent in my field, bit dull though as there is nowhere to go around me. I won't even charge for the massive chip on your shoulder.

Emmylou said:
sueken said:

It doesn't matter where she lives though does it? The title of the thread includes the phrase 'anywhere in the country'......

.....Jen - I'll fb ya with some ideas! :D

In that case;Spaceport at liverpool
Blue planet at ellsmere port
Chester zoo
Knowsley safari park
Dalton zoo
Leeds armouries
York

Hope these help.

beanie said:
jennywren said:
As is happens, it seems the folk at PF clearly either all live in the middle of a field with no where to go around them ( :roll: ) or they only enjoy posting the same mundane boring crap or the same sh!t stirring, gossiping pointless threads as before, (incidently the reason me & at least 3 other regular members left), or a third possibility is that due to the fact im not a "regular" anymore then i'm not worth replying to as i'm no ones "friend" which is a really nice way for caring mothers to act if this is the case! No surprise there really,

well you are more then welcome to pitch a tent in my field, bit dull though as there is nowhere to go around me. I won't even charge for the massive chip on your shoulder.

:rotfl:

How about Legoland. There loads for little kids to do and theres a room where you can build cars and race them. We spent ages in there, although this was before we had Dan! :lol:

Misslarue said:
......... theres a room where you can build cars and race them. We spent ages in there, although this was before we had Dan! :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back