Where does the day go??

tambo1976

Reaction score
Honestly, had someone reduced the hours in the day because I blink and its evening again!

I'm up everyday at half 7 and I am non stop all day until bedtime. Then I look around and it looks like I haven't done a thing! I barely get time to take a dump lol. The days of lying bored in bed a lot during my pregnancy are a distant memory! Anyone else feel like this? x

tapatalkin

Yes! I completely agree with you here! My oh's lo lives with us most of the time as well and I do school runs 3 or 4 days a week (afternoon off for me today, phewww) and the time between 9-3 flies! It's like can't I just have a few more hours first! When I was working the time went a lot slower than this I'm sure! Xxx

tapatalking x

Yep every day!! I also look run ragged! Seriously being a mummy is full on and I am dreading adding 'work' back into the mix! Xx

How do you fill your days? I'm the opposite, I'm bored and the day drags, but then I'm on my own a lot as hubby is out the house between 6am-730pm. Xx

How do you fill your days? I'm the opposite, I'm bored and the day drags, but then I'm on my own a lot as hubby is out the house between 6am-730pm. Xx

It's an endless cycle of feeding, burping, changing, cleaning, washing, shopping, entertaining and cooking. I am not even on the forum much anymore because I hardly find the time :(

tapatalkin

And listening to nursery rhymes such as Popeye the sailor man... toot toot...

tapatalking x

I agree! It's very rare I get the time to actually just sit down and chill out. I REALLY miss being able to drink hot tea too...

I have no idea how I had the time to work before lol!!

Today is the first day I haven't had any friends round / haven't had to go out etc - but J is having a grumpy day - doesn't want to be put down, fights every bottle but cries when I take it away...so much for a peaceful day :) xx

I get all my house work and ironing done on a weekend when oh is home as I stress that I won't have a chance in the week if Max is in grumpy mode, trouble is then im bored! Vicious circle xx

I might find time to shave my legs sometime soon... lucky DH lol!

Breakfast often happens around 11 for me after I've sorted Evan out, I'm starving by then.

I also have to write my job list down cos I will inevitably forget.

It's all good fun though... zzz

My OH works long days too. I just force myself to get out the house. Take LO for a massive walk in the morning then go out in the afternoon to see family, to a group or the shops.

I have times during the day when I am insanely manic (evening times are usually frantic as I am prepping dinner / cooking / eating / bathing bub but now I bath James in the afternoon when it is bath day so that has eased things a little)

I do find though that I am pretty much always on the go. I put the first load of washing on most days at 7am, then have to do another when OH gets home so I am I often still hanging washing at 9pm :shock: Also now we are weaning that has added to my already congested 'to do' list.

Sterilising is the last chore and I do that just before bed.

This Mummy business is def not a 9 to 5 job and I have no idea how I will fit everything in when I go back to work FT.

James does have a nice long nap so I get a few hours to myself most days BUT I am normally doing chores [and popping on here of course]

xxxx

Last edited:
I know what you mean! It is non stop isn't!! We Are usually up about 7ish and its go go go! oh comes home around 3pm and I'm usually in my pyjamas only to have a bath and put clean pyjamas on lol

The line 'sleep when baby sleeps' is so hard to hear, i'd like to but the washing/washing up/ tidying/cleaning/cooking/eating/ shopping keeps calling me!!!

Xxxxxxx

Pffft! Sleep when the baby sleeps? Fat chance! That's the only time I can get the jobs done that can't be done with a baby glued to my arms lol. I'm beginning to think I've spoiled him already because I honestly can't put him down for a minute without him grizzlin!

tapatalkin

Exactly!! I've lost count of the number of people who tell me to "sleep when J sleeps". Yeah ok...who's going to do the house work, washing, food shopping and cooking then...?? It's just not that simple unfortunately!

I think I am actually used to not sleeping a lot now. My biggest problem is waking up around 1am every morning...J did for weeks for his first night feed and now I wake up automatically to find him snoring away in his moses basket! I've also started waking up at about 03.45am, just in time before he does at 4am-ish. Isn't it funny how your body does this! xx

Even my oh has told me to do it when i tell him I'm tired, whilst he's sat there playing on his phone!! He seems to think because he feeds every 3-4 hours I have got 3-4 hours to sleep, erm he forgets the burping time, playing time if alert and awake, changing time and the occasions where I'll put a fresh nappy etc on and he'll do a massive poo that seeps thru the nappy all over his clothes!!!

Im used to being tired now too, the hardest part is waking up from the 1 hours sleep I've had!! You really do just get on with it, no time to complain lol

Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back