where do i stand?

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So gp signed me to light duties for 4 weeks cos of pelvis but today I was made to do my full duties and now I am in agony :-(

Omg Hun, they can't make you do that. Have you got a HR department that you can talk too, has a pregnancy risk assessment been completed and if it has has it been reviewed due to drs note? X

No sue I have had no risk assesment done. My dad just told me to get on with it! I don't feel like anyone understands or is on my side :-(

I believe by law your employer has to do a risk assessment within 7 days of you informing them that you're pregnant. Your duties also need to be looked at if there is any medical reason you need to take it easy.

No way should you be doing that!! You must refuse. I know it's hard but you have a note for a reason. Are they stupid or something!!!!

Just looked into it. They are under obligation to assess your workload and the risks involved. If they don't, its deemed sex discrimination. So its as much in the companys interest as it is yours that they carry one out.

I was risk assessed the next day after I told them, but withdrawn from normal duties immediately as soon as I let the boss know.
You cannot be expected to do your normal duties if you are not capable. Especially if a doctor has recommended light duties. It's not acceptable.
Can you get your doctor to sign you off instead? I'm sure they will if you explain that the light duties recommendation has not been applied. By the way, I believe that pregnancy related sick live is automatically mitigated so you shouldn't have a problem with it x

Darlin you just need to refuse, there is absolutely no way they can make you do normal duties if your signed to light!!!! I would actually escalate this above your boss now, it's been going in too long now! Someone needs to listen and if they don't I would inform them you will get medical and legal advise as what they are going could be deemed constructive dismissal or something like that as they are making it impossible for you to be there!! It's not on hun!! Are you part if a union? Xx

I completely agree with Natc. This has to stop. You should refuse all work you deem is not light duties or that you feel you can't do. There is nothing they can do to you and if they do it could be a constructive dismissal case.

In the meantime, ring Acas again and start at grievance against your boss and this time take it higher. This website shows you the government guidelines and has links to how to lodge a grievance. Your company should also have a grievance policy in place, so ask for a copy from HR.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/moneyandworkentitlements/workandfamilies/dg_10026556

If it all gets too much, go back to the doctors, explain the situation and ask to be given sick leave due to stress and pregnancy. Make sure all sick notes mention pregnancy though!

I'd be really interested to know who your employer was!!!

Take care hun, don't let the b*s*rds get you down. You've waited a long time to be PG, I know you're in pain and it's shit, but don't let them make it any worse for you. You seriously don't deserve it!!

I'm really angry for you - Can you tell??? LOL

Thanks everyone I am a member of the union gonna ring them tomorrow!
Not gonna let it all ruin scan tomorrow!

Good luck with your scan Hun, I'm so shocked employers are still operating in that manner!!!

Your union will eat them alive xxx

The union should really be able to help you. Let us know how you get on.

Good luck with the scan xx

Last edited:
Oh jeez MrsMc, I can't believe your boss at all! I can't believe they are still giving your a hard time! I remember how nasty they was to you a while ago!

I agree with everything the girls have said! You need to do something to stop them before they take it to far!

Oh and good luck for your scan tomorrow chick :) xx

MrsMc you HAVE to go to HR and Occy health this TOTALLY unacceptable behaviour from your employees. They either have to sign you off or put you on light duties this is completely ridiculous. Especially if you have a doctors note for light duties. Can citizens advice help because you need to know your rights, think of the health of you and your baby and not leave until they get this sorted. Enough is enough. I hope your scan goes well and this makes up for a totally rubbish time. It must be horrible being pain and in conflict with people at work when it just should not be an issue. big hugs hun and let us know haw you get on with the scan and work. xxxx

Thanks babe I went to occi health but the doc was rubbish she didn't even examine me and started going on about my back injury 2 years agoo which is totally unrelated. So frustrating!

I think you really need to get your union in. Mine entitles me to legal assistance and a representative at meetings - good luck, they're being awful to you. x

OMG I can't believe that even the occi health doc is rubbish, is there noone on your side??? You def need to get the union on side and make sure occi health don't start trying to blame old injuries not your pregnancy. hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back