WHEN WILL/WAYS TO MAKE..

Baby&i

Reaction score
MY MILK COME IN !?
I had real problems with my milk when DD was born and i didnt seem to produce enough in the early days (part of the reason i couldnt breastfeed). this time iv had no leaking, my boobs havnt really grown, i just feel like my boobs are useless! is there something i can eat/dring to prmote milk prodution?? x thanks

my boobs haven't grown either (i don't think, i'm still fitting in my DD bra's fine), and i've had no leaking, makes me worry a bit that i might struggle with feeding.

there are quite a few herbs that can be used to increase milk production... raspberry leaf, fennel and an indian herb called shatavari are all breast milk increasers... as is vitex agnus castus (chaste tree). Just to be cautious I wouldnt recommend taking any of them (apart from the raspberry leaf) untill after the baby pops out. (and if I was being uber cautious I would say go see a herbalist first!)

hmmm. maybe I should change my dissertation from asthma remedies to herbs to increase breast milk production..... (that way I might actually do some work!)

Hi :wave:
Your milk may take a few days after the birth to come in.
I never had much of a change in my boobs during pregnancy and i never leaked, only once at the very end when i leant on my boobs one night.

I wouldnt worry about it till you have given birth hun :hug:

When i have needed to get my milk up when Calleigh was going through a growth spurt i ate oats. It really did help me.

I have been the same this time Jess! No change to my boobs not leaking etc! With all my others my boobs grew like balloons lol and leaked from quite early! I too was worried about it but when I posted in "ask a mum" quite a few other ladies had the same but were still able to BF etc! :hug:

aww thanks girls, i will get OH to pick up some raspberry leaf today :) i really hope the same dosnt happen again. i was so distraught when i had to give up on BF with DD she was also a very lazy feeder and wouldnt latch properly no matter how many times i tried. i then ended up with huge engorged boobs and mastitis(sp?) and the MW would not help me at all :( OH keeps telling my boobies are growing and i guess they are as im ususally a small C and just bought three new bras in D they fit fab! :think: x

my boobs didn't leak at all when I was pregnant and I successfully breastfed for 10 months! It has nothing to do with how well you will be able to feed.

Also, agree with others, your milk does not come in until 2-5 days after giving birth anyway.

K.x

They do say your second you leak though! even my lactation consultant asked me if i was leaking yet asif i was meant to be :(

Baby&i said:
They do say your second you leak though! even my lactation consultant asked me if i was leaking yet asif i was meant to be :(
My MW asked me weeks ago if I was leaking :( I told her nope and my boobs havent changed either but she didnt seem too concerned still so Im not worrying! What will be will be hun! :hug:

I never leaked with my 2nd and I managed to breastfeed longer than I did my first. I panicked when I gave birth to my 2nd coz to me, it seemedlike my booobs wasnt doing anything, they were though just dont worry about it hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back